Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Beach Beauty...

Ah, I'm having beach withdrawl...



it was so beautiful down there!!



We stayed on Folly Beach this year, which was our first time to stay there. We arrived on the day of the 4th of July & sat in beach/island traffic for AN HOUR...when we finally found our house, the beach looked like Spring Break gone wild with tons & tons of college kids drinking, etc...I was REALLY upset because this was not the "family" type beach scene that I'm used to! I guess I didn't do my homework very well...I didn't realize that Folly was party town! ;)



But, thankfully that was the the 4th...the beach was much more family friendly the rest of the week...but the TRASH was horrid! We stayed way on down the beach, off 12th street...the trash cans out on the curb were FULL of empty beer bottles & whatnot all week long...totally not what I want my kids to be around!!



Needless to say, we won't be staying on Folly next time we visit there.
After riding over to Mt. Pleasant & Sullivan's Island, I believe we will stay there the next time we decide to visit the east coast beaches...it was much cleaner & there were tons more to do over on that side.



We DID have lots of fun, don't get me wrong...but that party scene is not our thing, if you know what I mean. I guess we try to keep our kids sheltered a bit too much...but I think they have plenty of time to be "wise in the ways of the world" when they're older...but that's just me. ;)



I made Katie Scarlett at doggie bed yesterday...but, er...I was apparently thinking she was a Saint Bernard or something...it ended up being big enough for SEVERAL dogs & way too big for under my craft table!! LOL So, Miss O took claim & it looks cute in her room (where KS slept last night).

Anyhow, I need to go to the grocery & run some errands...BLAH!

Be back to share more pictures from our walk through historic Charleson tomorrow! :)

Happiest Tuesday to you!

2 comments:

  1. It sounds like you had a great time at the beach, despite the party crowd there. I am soooo with you – I always try to shelter my kids, when possible. Great pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll take that BIG doggie bed! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for Your Lovely Comments. I enjoy every single one of them! <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...