Saturday, July 18, 2009

Tool Belt Diva...(used real tools this time)

Well, well, well...looks like this Crafty Southern Mama saved Daddy P a bundle of $$ with her thrifty, DIY skills! ;)

We needed a dresser for Sneaky E's bedroom.
We have a beautiful antique bed...but no dresser.

I looked & looked for a good deal, but I really wanted something with character & I just hated to send a lot of money on another piece of kids furniture!

I loved these...



Alligator stars...dresser, $1,145...mercy!!



Bratt Decor Red Dresser, $1,089...holy cow!!



Shorty Dresser with Cubby Boxes, $2,000...Good Night Alive!!


I lucked up & found this used dresser on Craigslist last month...$100!



It's a nice, solid wood dresser...already roughed up a good bit.
I was not feeling the love for those drawer pulls, so they had to go!

After sanding, sanding & then painting, then sanding some more & then painting a bit more & THEN drilling just a pinch (as the new hardware was a wee too big for the existing holes)....

Here it is...finished up & ready for the strong men (aka, Daddy P & pals) to carry it upstairs to Sneaky E's bedroom!

(and before you ask...YES, there are two pulls that are the WRONG COLOR...((ARGH))..on here...got that fixed & can't believe I didn't notice it before I took these pictures)









Price Breakdown...

Dresser...............$100
Paint.................$14.68
Hardware........$52.44
Sandpaper pads....had on hand
Ibuprofen (as my back is KILLING me now).......had on hand

Grand total.......$167.12



Ok, I have to go lay down now...
Mama P is worn OUT! ;)

Have a super weekend & happy crafting!!

2 comments:

  1. WOW!!! That is gorgeous! way to go :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful!! I love that fun red color and the hardware it perfect. You could really use this in any room. Really good job!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for Your Lovely Comments. I enjoy every single one of them! <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...