Wednesday, October 28, 2009

BAKED Chicken 'n Dumplings


What a morning!

The Sneaky Biscuit & I got out and met up with some friends at the local pumpkin farm...apparently we all forgot about how much it rained yesterday.



LOL!!

But we had fun anyway!

E is worn out & has fallen asleep on the couch up in the playroom...I would LOVE to scoot that little bugger over & take a nappy my own self! ;)



I made some Baked Chicken N Dumplings on Monday night & thought I would share the recipe. I don't remember where I got it, but it is SO easy & super yummy!

Pre-heat your oven to 350 degrees.

You need a 9x13 baking dish,
uncooked chicken strips,
one can of GRANDS biscuits (I use the homestyle),
salt,
pepper
& butter.

All you do is put about an inch of water into the dish, then cut up your chicken & your biscuits and put them in the water, salt & pepper to taste and add about 5 pats of butter on top (I used more than 5, I know...I like butter, now hush). ;)



Put it in your pre-heated oven for about 20 minutes. You will see the biscuits on the top are starting to brown & you can do two things. You can spoon from the bottom of the dish on top of the browning biscuits OR you can stir (like folding) the entire mixture so that new biscuits are on top. I stir it up, but both ways are good.

After this you will need to repeat (stirring it up or spooning) every five minutes for another 15 minutes. (This dish stays in the oven for a total of 40-45 minutes).... It is YUMMMMMY, all of my picky eaters gobble it up & my hubby says he likes this version better than the stove top kind that his granny makes!

I also baked some corn to go with it...just but the corn in the oven at 400 just like this:



for about 45 minutes to an hour.

Then remove the corn from the husks (careful, HOT). I served these with green beans & some of Sneaky E's favorite "roni"...comfort food at it's finest! :)

I'm trying something different tonight, Cheeseburger Pie!

Big O has baseball try-outs today...it's for the JR High Team & is mostly made up of the 7-8th graders, but 6th graders can try out...I'm so nervous for him! He LOVES baseball, I hope he makes it!!

Be back tomorrow with more pumpkin pictures & furniture adventures!!

Happy Wordily Wednesday! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You for Your Lovely Comments. I enjoy every single one of them! <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...