Saturday, November 7, 2009

Making a few changes...


Lately, we've made a lot of changes around here that I really wasn't ready to "talk about" on my blog...but now I'm feeling better about it...not just feeling better about it...feeling FABULOUS about it!

I know you've heard me ramble on about my kid's school, you know I LOVE their school!! But, in the past six months or so I've had this heavy feeling in my heart that we were not supposed to be spending our money on private school. Instead, I think God wants us to spend it on helping others in our community & public school system.



I'm sure if you've ever felt a calling from above you understand...it was just a thought that wouldn't shake off. In August we started the school year off as usual, but then one evening early last month I couldn't take feeling that way anymore....so, Daddy P & I sat down & had a good long talk about it...I brought it up & was totally SHOCKED to find out that HE was feeling the exact same way about it (but didn't want to upset ME)! I was so relieved!!

SO, we talked to the kids and told them we had decided that NEXT school year we would be going to public schools and why...and their response was THE BIGGEST shock of all! They said "why not now?"...I totally didn't expect that from them!



SOOOOO...to make a long story short...I ran all over the place getting things changed over before the fall break vacation & on the Monday after the break, both Big O & Miss O made the big move!

And we lived happily ever after!
(Seriously, we are LOVING it!)
Big O immediately tried out for the baseball team & made it...he's talked non-stop about new people, 4H, Science Projects...he & Miss O have been READING, constantly...FOR PLEASURE! I couldn't be more happy with the changes that I have seen in them in the past three weeks!

SO...I just wanted to get that off my chest...
I feel better now...haha!

I'm looking for some of those head wraps (as pictured above, in case you were wondering WHO that girl was, ha!)...they button in the back & keep your little ears warm. Anyone know where I can find them (with or without the flower)?

In the mean time, I have NOT SO GREAT news to share about ME...
In gathering all my paperwork for renewing my teacher's certificate, I've found that I am short a few points & am going to have to take a CLASS...

IMMEDIATELY!

From Nov. 9-December 18 (yes, I am really that big of an idiot...the queen of the last minute rides again)...I will probably blog once a week just to keep in touch, but my Etsy shop will be CLOSED. I will be VERY busy learning more about Teaching Phonics and Spelling for Emergent Readers. I'm taking it through PBS Teacherline...it is an EXCELLENT site, do check it out if you're in need of credits or professional development!

and remember the $150 Craigslist find?



That baby is done & moved into my living room...ah...I'm in love!

I've not had a chance this week to get pictures of ANYTHING...I promise to snap a few of my new piece AND the other new goodies that I've put together for my living room (in a few hours, as it's 4:30 am...I don't know WHY I am up!!!)....

In the mean time, I'm going in the kitchen (quitely) to round up ingredients & make my grocery list...I'll be trying out a NEW recipe from my sweet pal, Carrie this week...



Tortilla soup

1 large onion, chopped
1 tbsp ground cumin
1 tbsp cooking oil
2 14 oz cans chicken broth
2 14 oz cans fire roasted diced tomatoes
4 cups chopped cooked chicken
1 10oz pkg sweet whole kernel corn
2 4 oz cans of diced green chile peppers

Cook onion and cumin in hot oil over medium heat until tender.
Carefully add broth, undrained tomatoes, chicken, corn, and
undrained chili peppers. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer
covered for 15 minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste.

**** The longer it cooks the better it tastes.
I use canned chicken and sometimes I just throw
all the ingredients in the crock pot and let it cook.
Also, if you like spicy, you can add 2 tsp chili powder.








Hope you have a great weekend...
back with PICTURES later, I promise!

1 comment:

  1. thanks for that site link- i'm going to check it out for my credits too. credits :o( YCUK!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for Your Lovely Comments. I enjoy every single one of them! <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...