Friday, January 1, 2010

Looking Back on 2009


Seriously, WHERE did the year go!?!

I've spent the day off & on, CLEANING...

and thinking.

I have to admit, I'm not a huge fan of New Year's Day traditions.
I had never really done them before...

About three years ago, for the first time ever...
I gave in & did the "Black Eyed Peas" & "Do No Laundry" thing...
my granny was recovering from cancer and I was taking NO chances with bad luck!

A couple of weeks later we found out that it had spread and she had weeks left...

we lost her in March.

And since that year, I have put NONE of my faith in PEAS or other fool superstitions...I made a tradition to buy new detergent and heavenly smelling fabric softener the day before & I wash EVERY sheet & blanket in my house (yeah, beds stripped & every throw blanket we own getting a bath).  

the only "tradition" I follow now is Jesus Christ, my savior.  
I know that He will take care of everything.  
That's the only tradition I need.



It's been an eventful year at our house. 

 

We rang in the year with a little party with my "Lunch Bunch", their hubbies & all the kids...it was a great way to start 2009!




Both Big O & Miss O played ball this past spring...they did great & had lots of fun!

 

Big O got a Four-Wheeler for his birthday and joined the ranks of the "boys with loud toys" (aka: Daddy P & the other dads out our way).



Daddy P & I got dressed up and went out on a fancy date...(seriously, that never happens...it's a notable event at our house...LOL).






I finally finished the Playroom!



Sneaky Boy learned how to SWIM!



AND got a new bike...



Miss O became a champion bull rider (sorta, LOL)



and went to her first Father Daughter Dance...



We visited our best pals in Arkansas...



We welcomed a new dog...
(or two.)






We went on a couple of GREAT beach vacations!








Took the O's to their first college football game...(thank you, Aunt Cathy)



Got INSPIRED by a blogging friend & began working toward a goal that I have had for YEARS...

Running!



(thank you, Paige!)

Found out that I'm finally going to be Aunt Mandy...Yeah!!


 
and in general, I have been a Crafting Fool!







 









**********************************************************

we have been blessed beyond measure this year...





and I can't wait to find out what is going to happen next!

Wishing you all good health & happiness in 2010!

Happy New Year, Everyone!


3 comments:

  1. What a fun post! It looks like you had a great year!

    Hope you have a Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wonderful post and pictures! happy new year and yes I am waiting to see that big girl room!

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for Your Lovely Comments. I enjoy every single one of them! <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...