Friday, January 15, 2010

One Organized Mama!

I've finally got my little notebook together & ready to share with you!

For awhile now I have been looking for a planner to use, but just couldn't find one that was ME.  I hated to pay money for one & then be marking through it & making changes in it, so I finally took the time & made one CUSTOMIZED just for me and my busy family.

Just one week with this little beauty & my life already feels SO much more orderly!



Back when I taught 2nd grade, I made my own plan book instead of using the blank ones that they gave out at the beginning of the year (because I was too lazy to keep writing the same bulk of words over & over every single week).  It was SUCH a time saver & I LOVED my customized daily planner!

Naturally, when you're riding by the seat of your pants like I seem to be doing lately...a DAILY customized planner is pointless.


But...a few simple GOALS daily is not.

Lately, I have felt like I just WASTE an incredible amount of time...I complete a task & then cannot seem to move on to another or even remember what needs to be done (well, who can with a sneaky boy making smoothies & grilling graham crackers when you have your back turned...) (YES, seriously)...


NOW, all I have to do is look in my little domestic book & see what tasks need to be completed.  Things like "clean out the car" (blech), I would not think to do because it was just NOT up in my face (sad, yes...I know...I'm so ADD).  


My pages are in clear pocket covers, so I can use a dry erase marker & wipe it off at the end of the day.  I LOVE paper, but this is better for our planet & the clear covers last a long time.  I cut a small piece of my Mr Clean Magic Eraser off & keep it in the side pocket, it wipes the pages off PERFECTLY.


I also have a section for each child, with an accordion folder so that I can keep up with their papers & schedules & important stuff...I am IN LOVE with this section & my desk (& their cork board) is SO much cleaner!!


I'm planning to add another section to log my running & yet another one for my daily devotional time & little prayer list (yes, I am so sad...if I don't write you down...no prayer for you)! LOL


Here's a few pages already at work:






I can add things to my housekeeping list (notice how CLEAN THE FRIGE...BAH...was a Wednesday assignment & is again on my Friday list.).  I draw lines through the tasks when I'm done, then just erase the entire page at the end of the day & move things to the next day's list that didn't get completed.  

Really, if you think about it you're going to spend less time on housework in the long run because the MESS has not been allowed to get out of control!  No more ALL DAY cleaning sessions for me...I'm finally in the ballgame (I may be batting 8th, but I'm in there)! ;)


Here are a couple of sites that are focusing on Recipe Organizing (oh, maybe ONE day...).  Do check these out!


Inspire Me Crafts



Ta Da Creations


(& isn't Angel's dotty book FAB!!)


WELL, I'm off to pick up the kids from school...

Miss O's basketball season begins this weekend, practice tonight & her first game is tomorrow!  I'll be back with that BURLAP tutorial & give away this weekend...it's ON MY LIST! ;)


Happy Friday!!

8 comments:

  1. LOVE it! I use mine all the time!

    Meghan
    www.mygreatretreat.com
    www.tuckerstaketennessee.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! You are going to be one organized mama! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My family notebook has the same principal! Love it. The best part is the dry erase. You will feel so much better. I keep mine everywhere with me. I bought my notebook at a Bible study we did.

    Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mandy,
    where did you get the cute page inserts to put in the clear pocket pages.They look custom made and I didn't know if you had a website you could order them from. They are so adorable.

    Ashley

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ashley,
    I bought the Scrapbook Kit for my personal use when I had my blog design done last summer...it's called Bella's Nook. You can find it (on sale) at www.scrapartist.com. I used a cheap Scrapbbook program called Creative Keepsakes Scrapbook Designer to make all the pages, exported them to jpg files, then uploaded them to Snapfish & had them printed. Took a bit of time, but really VERY simple to complete.

    Thanks so much for your sweet words, I'm loving being more "with it"! ;)

    NOW, if I could just get my RECIPES done!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE your book Mandy! Great idea for the erasable pages. Thanks for linking to my recipe book, that was a fun surprise.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is so smart. I am NOT organized at all these days!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love it and am going to make me and my daughter and daughter in love one....
    Hope you will stop by and leave a comment....On Sunday night I will be drawing for
    $100 GOODIE BASKET.

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for Your Lovely Comments. I enjoy every single one of them! <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...