Thursday, February 4, 2010

Shelves & Chicken...

Those don't sound like they go together, do they?

Well, they DO today! ;)

This is going to be a quick post, I am up to my eyeballs today!!
*********************************************

I finally finished up on my Living Room Shelving project...

painted, added little knobs on the doors, decided against the beadboard wallpaper...we have this INTENSE texture on our walls (which I hate, but Daddy P wanted it & I felt like I should compromise since I had been calling shots & picking out everything else when we were building)...

I really need something SMOOOOOOTH in the middle of all that rough, so I used a high gloss paint to pick up the sunlight instead (plus, I really wanted to just get it DONE)!  I can always go back & add it later if I decide it really needs it.

So, here's one last shot of my new improved shelving system...I'm still not feeling the love for my shelving arrangement skills, I wish someone would please come take it all off & put it back up in a cool, hip way. ;)

But, I'm tired of fooling with it right now...

moving on. 

***********************************************

Ok, now how about some CHICKEN!

I found this fabulous recipe on Angel's site last week & fixed it over the weekend.  If you love Outback's Alice Springs Chicken, you will LOVE this!


the other chicken recipe that I have came from my sweet cousin Kerry...she's a total rock star mommy, she works (outside of the home) in addition to being a full time mommy to THREE fantastic boys...I love this gal, she always looks adorable, is as calm as a cucumber, her boys are dressed to the T & have flawless manners...I could go on & on...she's quite an inspiration to a Crazytowne Mommy like myself. ;)

Thanks so much for sharing, Kerry...this one was YUUUMMMMMY!


Zesty Slow Cooker Chicken Barbecue
6 frozen skinless, boneless chicken breast
1 (12 oz) bottle bbq sauce (she used Sweet Baby Ray's, I had Stubs in my pantry)
1/2 cup Italian salad dressing
1/4 cup brown sugar
2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
Place chicken in a slow cooker. In a bowl, mix sauce, dressing, brown sugar & Worcestershire.  Pour over chicken.
Cover & cook 3-4 hrs on High or 6-8 on Low.
Shred the chicken close to the end of cooking & it will soak up the sauce.
Can serve on rolls (I used Sara Lee's) or buns, but I served on baked potato for a great super stuffed potato!
I also used the leftovers on a pizza crust with bacon, feta & moz chesse to make a yummy pizza!  
It was EASY & AWESOME!! :)
Ok, gotta get to cracking here...my house is TRASHED & I am dead set on getting some running time & CRAFT THERAPY in before it's time to pick up Sneaky Boy!!

Oh & look who got a haircut yesterday...



It's incredible how one little snip like that can CHANGE your whole appearance!
I laughed so hard at her....several hours after getting it cut, she comes out of the bathroom at home & says "I did NOT EVEN KNOW MYSELF in there!"!!  
Baha!
She's a hoot!

Ok, I'm going now...I mean it!  ;)

Happy Thursday!

4 comments:

  1. Oh wow! Thanks for the shout out about the Aussie Chicken recipe. I'm gonna give the BBQ one a try next week. We love BBQ chicken pizzas too.

    Totally lovin' her new doo. The flip is darling on her. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Scratch that! I'm making this tonight! A lot easier than what I had planned and I'm already out of energy for the day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Mandy!

    Your shelves look AWESOME!!! Great job!

    And that is my type of recipe. Perfect - I am making that one for sure. Happy Friday!

    XOXO
    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mandy, thanks for the super sweet comments, but YOU are my inspiration! I LOVE Miss O's new look!

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for Your Lovely Comments. I enjoy every single one of them! <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...