Thursday, April 8, 2010

Organizing Cabinets!


What a great week it's been!

The weather has been GLORIOUS!

Sneaky E & I got out & moved some of my peonies & planted some new peonies that my mother brought me...go them watered...they're looking FAB...

& now I see on the local weather channel that we are going to get some FROST tonight & tomorrow night!

Classic!



I've got my sheets ready....don't worry, guys...I'll keep you warm!!!

(PLEASE DON'T DIE)

**********************************

I've also been taking Easter, Birthday & Baby Shower decorations down & packing them away (eternal) and decided that I also needed to clean out some of my cabinets in the kitchen!  

(WHAT A MESS)



 Just awful!!

I couldn't even FIND a container with a lid that fit over the weekend...this mess has been driving me nuts for way too long!

So, I pulled EVERYTHING out!
(WHAT A MESS)

I found this 3 drawer caddy in my attic & decided to put that puppy to work!



But, those ripped off labels were bothering me...


so, I had to make new ones.

(and look at the CRUMBS on the floor after clean out...yucky!!)

I used my Creative Keepsakes Scrapbooking Designer to print this sheet of colored paper...




then taped the tags down with packing tape.

Twenty minutes (& a little "help" from a Sneaky Boy) (and a bag of stuff to throw out, good golly)...



I've got an organized cabinet! ;)
Can't wait to see Big O's face when he unloads the dishwasher this afternoon...(he's the reason I had that horrible plastic mess to begin with)...his slap happy, sloppy unloading days are OVER! LOL


And speaking of Big O...

I can't believe I've let him talk me into it, but we are going to let him go away for two weeks to a summer camp in the mountains!  Do you guys do overnight camps in the summer?  I'm excited for him, but I am going to miss him something terrible!!

********************************
 
And check out this fabulous tutorial at delia creates...I TOTALLY want to sit down & make myself one of these!! 




I love her blog!  She is so creative!

and speaking of tutorials...I used this one from Nicole Owen's blog a couple of years ago & did softie dolls for my nieces & nephew & Miss O...




Look what Angel did to them...



SKIRTS!!

HOW fun!


Do check her blog, she's planning to list some to sell, if you're looking for a super fun gift!


I love those dollies!


*********************************
 
I'm trying to get some things listed on eBay...these kids just keep GROWING!!  It's almost time to pick up Sneaky E, so I better get busy!

Hope y'all have a 
Happy Thursday!

(and dear Lord, please don't let my peonies freeze!)

(pretty please!!)

6 comments:

  1. Oh I hope you don't lose your peonies! Possibly the most beautiful flower, ever.

    Oh to have kitchen cabinets large enough for a storage bin like that inside. I'm so jealous girlfriend. :)

    Wow! Thanks for featuring the dollies I made. What a fun surprise! Amy and I were just brainstorming all the fun changes and add-ons we are going to whip up next month and I can't wait to get started. Just realized I was only able to stay away from my biz for one year. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love those flowers. Not sure we have them in Florida...or I'm just not looking hard enough!! I did a bunch of reorganizing when I was putting everything in my new cabinets and *thankfully* everything has stayed put (except when DH unloads the dishwasher)!

    We are thinking about doing a sleep away camp this summer as a family (as Mallory can't go alone until she is 7) at the YMCA camp in Greenville, SC. It looks like a BLAST for everyone!! Where are you sending Big O?

    The dollies are adorable! Love Angel's creative mind too :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Angle, that's the only cabinet with that much room...it's under my bar/eating counter...wasted space!

    So far it working out.

    Kacey, we decided on Ridgecrest Christian Camp in NC. Olivia's group was full, so she's on the waiting list (I'm glad, I don't want her gone for two weeks). They have a wonderful website:

    http://www.ridgecrestcamps.com/

    I'm excited for him! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Angel...

    sorry, never post before coffee or when a whiny boy is up before the roosters!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I totally laughed out loud Mandy when I saw all the plastic containers! I thought you were at my house. You totally made me feel better for a second! I have a shelf in my cabinet, but not a full shelf. So,the bin would not work for me. However, you have motivated me to clean mine out. Thanks ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for the link love! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for Your Lovely Comments. I enjoy every single one of them! <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...