Monday, May 17, 2010

Laundry Room Drop Cloth Drapes


Ah...you thought I was coming right back with those pics didn't you! ;)
My new drapes got me thrown into a cleaning frenzy...now I have a NEW laundry room! LOL



A few weeks ago my pal, Sharae was telling me about these drop cloth drapes that she did for her master suite...




her room turned out WONDERFUL (and check out this CABINET she just finished, TDF!!!)...

I had to admit, I had never HEARD of doing that!

After a quick google session...it turns out that I must be the ONLY person who hasn't heard of it...

it's been going on in houses all over blog world! ;)

Just look at some of these BEAUTIFUL rooms that feature drapes transformed from DROP CLOTHS found at your local hardware store!!


A Penny Saved, sure saved a penny (or a few) on all those windows she filled with drop cloth drapes...GORGEOUS room!











I think THIS is my favorite version...OUTDOOR!!



I would LOVE to do this on my big back porch!

Heather Bullard has it going on...great job, girl!

I decided to try this look in my laundry room.
You might remember the NO SEW Burlap Curtains that I put up in there last year...



They have been grand, but unfortunately I have the attention span of a three year old...so, down they go.

I went to Home Depot & found a TWIN PACK for $9.98...(that's 2 canvas drop cloths for just under $10)



NOW, I have crisp, clean canvas drapes...


and my laundry room is looking CLEAN & FAB (for a change)!





I found a new lamp for my living room, so the runaway bunny moves again...


but he's right at home in here now! ;)

Well, I'm up to run some errands...I was heading to the gym, but my list is SO LONG this morning...I'll have to meet up with Jillian & do the shred later. I also have SEVEN new straps to photograph & list...I'll be back to share those later.

Hope you guys have a fab Monday!

4 comments:

  1. I love them too! I used them outside on my screen porch. I love the picture of the outside!!

    http://beachbrights.blogspot.com/2010/04/chain-link-fence-curtains.html

    Love your blog! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  2. I went loking this past week for some panels, and couldn't find any....then I saw a post like yours that had used the drop cloths, so I told myself I was going to go to Home Depot to get some, but wondered if it would looke cute! After seeing yours, it looks awesome! I am off to Hom Depot now!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Karen (ducksoup)May 17, 2010 at 9:09 PM

    Ooh love it!! I need some canvas to make some grocery store totes. What a good idea! so much cheaper than yardage too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wait a minute! You just opened the packe of drop cloth and put those adorably simple clips and hung?! That's it? Wow, I'm totally doing that. Where did you get the cool clips and rod?

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for Your Lovely Comments. I enjoy every single one of them! <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...