Saturday, August 14, 2010

Lunch Box, Lunch Box, What's for Lunch?


Mercy me...school has started...the bus has pulled off from the curb & I am already running along BEHIND it! ;)

I've been working on organizing here at the house, life is SO much more fun when there is order at home.  

I've decided to take on a new house project here, in hopes of creating MORE order (& I hope I don't cause us to go crazy in the process)...I'm going to turn my side hall into a "MUD ROOM"...

here's my inspiration so far:







Yeah, I've done my homework. ;)

I'll be sharing MORE about this soon, it will involve ME...nails, wood & paint...I'm kinda scared...it's serious business! ;)

*********************************************

So, let's talk LUNCH BOX!
This year I am really trying hard to pack lunches for the kids at least 3 times a week (ahem, let's do the math here...three children, three lunch boxes, three times a week...you can easily see how I might be doing great if I pack them ONE day a week).

however, if you look at the price of SCHOOL LUNCHES at our school & do the math...you can easily see that I am just a lazy mom for NOT packing them more than ONE day a week!! Whew, $$$$!

I found these really cool containers at Target.   



they stack & have a thin cool layer in the middle.  Miss O is ALL about this...keeps her ham sammich all nice & fresh, her veggies & fruit cool & since I only bought one, she's claimed it as hers (and since the lid is purple, my boys could care less)!

I guess I'll be picking up a couple more this week (hope they have other colors besides purple).

I see they have a GREAT website too...Fit N Fresh...check them out, right now they're offering FREE shipping on their site for orders $30 or more.  Use the code AUGUSTFS at checkout.  



What awesome stuff they have!!!


**********************************************

But now, did I mention that Sneaky E's room is a PEANUT FREE room...*sigh*...my heart hurts for those peanut allergy moms, how scary that is!

So, I have had to really dig to find some new ideas for my lunch box peeps...here's what I've found:


 
Laptop Lunches...oh, my...I think I just found a new best friend! ;)

My sweet pal, Paige shared some Lunch Box ideas on her blog this week...Check out The PRICE Family Ideas for back to school lunches.

Parenting has some great lunch box meals to share, click here.

Here's another site I found that has great lunchbox ideas...Lunch in a Box!

And of course, you can always find FUN food ideas at Family Fun!

How about you guys?

Any lunch box favorites at your house?

Leave me a comment, I would LOVE to hear your ideas! :)

Happy Weeknd!



3 comments:

  1. Believe it or not they carry a lot of Fit N Fresh at Ross. It is super cheap!!! I use it all the time for Talor's lunch and just packing snacks for the car. They even had some cute "Boy" patterns on the lids. Can you believe it???? Usually just girly patterns on everything. Boys stuff is so hard to find...Ross is hit or miss so good luck finding some fun pieces. Lesli

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mandy,
    Here's another option for a waste-free lunch - My simple EasyLunchbox System is a bento-style , three-compartment container with one lid, that fits perfectly into our roomy cooler bag. Less pieces to wash and keep track of, which is a plus, especially if you have more than one kid. No BPA, phthalates, lead, vinyl, or PVC. Sized right for both adults and kids. Affordable and green. http://www.easylunchboxes.com -

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do you have any of the Thermos Funtainers? My daughter loves Spaghettios and I can warm some up in the morning and put it in the Thermos and it stays warm till her lunch. We also do mac-n-cheese, and soup. You can get them at Target for about $15 and they are very durable and come in different patterns.

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for Your Lovely Comments. I enjoy every single one of them! <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...