Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Lovely Linen Closet



Ok!
(Playroom De-Clutter Operation still in effect, 
we are on day three of kids home for snow)...

WAIT...

Whoops...

Rewind!

I missed a Challenge...

(on purpose)

you saw this closet...eh!


This is my laundry room slash linen closet.

I have another linen closet upstairs, 
but I'm not working on upstairs organizing right now...
you'll have to wait, my friend.

Anyway...
I just couldn't gather the strength to go there...

so, I skipped it that day & tore out my master closet instead...
  
no before & after picture from that...
it's not "organized", it's just picked up & hung up now.

So, yesterday (while my peeps were working on Playroom De-Clutter, which could otherwise be called "Pretend to sort through my toys while I am actually playing with them"...kept them busy, no complaints here) I got busy on my neglected laundry. 

I'm struggling to find the words to describe the amount of laundry I had yesterday after two days of kids out playing in the SNOW....(struggling for words probably because they are not nice words...but anyway)...I got to thinking about PURPOSE in that room.

(Please don't hate me down here...I'm truly appreciative, I promise) 

I'm really lucky to have a large laundry room...with cabinets & drawers...
(and oh, how I wish my laundry room looked like this right now!!)



but, one thing that I've found about living in a house with more storage space than you actually need (space that we've grown into in the past four years, I might add) is that if you do not have a PURPOSE
an assignment for that space...

You. Will. Have. Chaos!

Which is exactly what had happened in that laundry room slash linen closet. I had just been tossing junk in there to avoid dealing with it (& I have a couple of other closets just like this one in this house...be warned, closets...you're going down this month!!) 

So, as I folded clothes I made a mental list of GOALS for that closet...
then I tore it all out & put it back right!

Ten thousand cheap plastic store hangers, five assorted tote bags, sheets that have not been on a bed in this house since we moved in, random pillows, a bucket with a crack down the side, jacket that I have been hunting for since last year, a leather belt that used to fit Big O but now fits Sneaky E, mattress cover that fits a mattress size that we don't even have...whew!

(and my halls are full of Goodwill bags, yet again).

Excuse me, but I have to put these side by side...

BEFORE Purpose...

and AFTER Purpose...

Wow!
Really, really much better!

and I found that there is even a light in this closet...
who knew! Baha!



We are home from school again today for snow...
three days in a row & for some reason I am not the least bit bothered by it (which is weird for me, normally I would be cabin fever crazy).

Maybe because it's SO very cold, I have no interest in getting out?
Maybe it's because having no where to go & no where to be is such a rarity here at my house...

we're content. 
I love it! :)



update on the Sneaky Boy...
he has a bad sprain...
foot all bandaged, 
folks carrying the biscuit on their hip since he can't walk...
He's been on the couch with a tray
(the only thing missing is a bell)
he's milking it! ;)

and before I go, 
I'll leave you with this KILL YOU WITH CUTENESS picture of my nephew, William...



Love that little stinker bug!!

Wishing you a WARM Wednesday!!
 

7 comments:

  1. Looks awesome Mandy! I loooove that laundry room. It's so true. The more space you have the more you spread out. Same here!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that you found out there is a light. Too funny! Good job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That closet looks fantastic now! Super job! I really love your laundry room...super spacious!

    Becky B.
    www.organizingmadefun.blogspot.com
    Organizing Made Fun

    ReplyDelete
  4. Holy cow, sister! Your laundry room rocks! I seriously could live in there! I could never show pictures of mine -- it's unfinished in a storage area with Rubbermaid stacked up to the ceiling! I do love my frontloaders though!

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for Your Lovely Comments. I enjoy every single one of them! <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...