Tuesday, January 18, 2011

The Pioneer Woman Cooking Scholar


It's official...




I not a great cook.
It's no big secret at all!
I mean, I have two or three things that I can fix well
& bellies start to growl if I mention that I'm fixing them...

but everything else...

eh...

it's crash & burn for me, usually.

I started browsing through the recipes on Ree Drummond's site...


and then I bought her cookbook...

The Pioneer Woman, 
Recipes of from an Accidental Country Girl...
Yummy, yummy goodness...
with step by step by step instructions
AND PICTURES!
(beautiful ones)
(not to mention the hilarious stories included) 
(I've already read it twice & snorted like a pig both times from laughing)

I decided that, with her help...
there might just be some hope for me after all!

I should have known I was in trouble right from the get-go...
Daddy P's mother, Little Debby would make the most divine
southern vittles whenever I came over for dinner 
(way back) when we were just dating.

Poor Daddy P, he's about forgotten what good 
comfort food tastes like after eating in my kitchen the last 14 years.
Sometimes I still can't believe he married me!

But, all of that is about to change! ;)
When Ree said her recipes were responsible for proposals
I knew I was in good hands!  
Daddy P is going to fall in love with me all over again after he eats some of this wonderful food I'm going to cook (ha)...

SO,

I started out this weekend...
simple.

Yeah...I decided to make some biscuits.
I mean how could I go wrong with biscuits...


Hahaha...


I got busy...
I did exactly like the Ree told me to...
step by step...




put those pretty babies in the oven...

and....



burnt them right up!
LOL!

Luckily, the recipe makes a LOT of biscuits 
so I was able to toss another batch right in the oven to try again...
MUCH better after I cut my baking time down from 11 minutes to 9.




I think I probably rolled them out too thin,
that's why I had so many left over.
I'll go for thickness next time.

Daddy P was so impressed that I was cooking from scratch...
(until I burnt those biscuits up)
he's the one that suggested that I freeze the rest of the biscuits for next time.
The next thing I know I have a nifty little (labeled) box in action! ;)





 Next, I'm making her Chicken Pot Pie...
the recipe sounds so heavenly, 
I could just be happy with a plate full of the crust...
AH, such flaky goodness...
I can't stand it!!


*******************************


and meanwhile, the Sneaky Boy...
he makes me laugh.

Every time a new catalog comes in, 
it's like Christmas for him!
He grabs a sharpie out of the drawer & starts circling!

This keeps him entertained for a good hour...
asking me every few minutes
"You get this por me?"

He's precious...
I love it! :)




Well, I'm hopping up to check on dinner & check some homework...

Looking forward to snuggling on the couch tonight with Daddy P, 
watching our (current) favorite show...



Back to the "Challenge" tomorrow!

Hope you have a great Tuesday evening

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You for Your Lovely Comments. I enjoy every single one of them! <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...