Monday, January 3, 2011

TCB...


New Year's Resolutions...bah!
I don't make them!

It's just a coincidence that I've made up my mind to do something & it's the first week in January (actually, I made up my mind last Wednesday...
so there).  

I've finally decided that it's time... 
FOR REAL this time...
to get this "post pregnancy weight off"...

(I mean...the "baby" IS going to be FIVE this spring...it's time).

It's time for TCB...
Taking Care of Business
(in a flash)



I'm owning up to it...
I am a full TWELVE pounds heavier than I was on that beautiful Saturday morning (which just happened to be the morning of my sister's wedding, so I will never forget that day) that I decided to break out that pregnancy test (just for fun)...8 months later Sneaky E came into world!


I've flirted with this idea for months...

I've tried...
did great...
lost five pounds...
ate a cookie 
& gained it all back.
Tried & failed, tried & failed...
*Sigh*

I started running & working out, but cranking up a good workout also cranks up a big appetite...this big appetite has turned my recreational nibbling into an Olympic sport! 

But not anymore!
Now, I have a BUDDY!



Yep!
There's an App for that!

Meet My Fitness Pal! ;)


a FREE app that tracks your nutrition & calorie intake
& it is just AWESOME!

Here's a sampling 
(not from my personal tracker):





They also have a website if you do not have a phone that will do apps.
This approach is very similar to what I used to lose weight after Miss O was born on the slimfast.com site.

The (mobile) food diary...
recording every nibble...
it works!

I'll keep you posted, I'll be weighing in at the gym on Thursday...we'll see what My Fitness Pal & I have pulled off (pun intended) in one week!

*************************
Today is the last full day of Christmas break (Hallelujah!!!) for my kids...
we're doing a little HOME style



yeah, back to routine...
how I have missed you!!

We're lunching with Dad & then running errands...
kickboxing & basketball tonight...

How about you?  Want to join me?
Be back to share that & a new RECIPE!! :)

Hope you have a beautiful Monday!

2 comments:

  1. I can totally relate to this post! My baby will also be five this year and this mama is still packing on baby weight! It totally sucks! Good luck with your weight loss in 2011!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Jodee :)
    How did these babies get to be 5 so quick?!?
    Breaks my heart!

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for Your Lovely Comments. I enjoy every single one of them! <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...