Sunday, February 20, 2011

Daydreaming of Daybeds...

I LOVE Daybeds...



they are pretty & functional...




leave you plenty of room to play...




you can even have a buddy sleep over,
just pull out that little trundle...

Yes, I have a thing for flirty daybeds...
my secret is out. ;)


******************************* 


I'm hunting for one with a trundle to put in Miss O's room.

See, I have this problem...

it involves this kid...




and the floor...

never mind that he has THIS...

it has only been used about six times total...

for the last 14 months he prefers the floor...
the one is Miss O's room, the one in Big O's room
and the one in my room...
(actually he prefers the bed in my room)

He says he is SCARED to sleep in his room by himself.

The other two are sick of playing host & hostess to Mr. Fraidy Cat...
Daddy P has his foot down firm!

I don't know what on earth to do with him!
I've considered two twin beds IN HIS ROOM...
I also considered a tent bed in his room...

but, honestly I love his bed & bedding & room...
& that's a heap of trouble & $$
and no guarantee he will go for it.


My only other thought is a trundle bed for Miss O...

(thus the excitement of her getting something pretty & NEW in her bedroom will distract her from the decietful intention of HER becoming semi-permanent hostess for the sneaky boy...)

I feel slightly guilty...slightly.
I would LOVE some suggestions...
if you have some pearls of wisdom to share!
What would you do?

3 comments:

  1. Going through the SAME situation, except with my EIGHT year old. She has not stayed in her bed all night in almost a year. I find her in my bed every night by 4am. But when she has a "sleepover" in her 4 yr old sister's room she sleeps all night. We are considering putting them in a room together...but we know that won't last long before she is old enough to want her own privacy. What to do, what to do....

    ReplyDelete
  2. We had the problem with our kindergartener who started out in her room and made her way to our floor every night complete with her own blanket and pillow. She never even woke us up. Now seriously ~ you have got to be brave to first walk through a completely dark house to the other end and remember you forgot to turn the lamp out in your room and make the return trip! Anyway, when I got a case of the flu (thank you 3rd graders!) my sweet hubby slept with our son, next door to the sleep walker. Said sleep walker then decided that if daddio was going to be on that end of the house at night (or even if there was a possibility) she would just stay put and wal-la problem has been solved...I am knocking on wood as I type!

    I say Miss O deserves something new and pretty and it might help with Sneaky E...go for it and lots of luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can totally relate! Scaredy Cat Carson sleeps in a bunk bed in his sister's room. It actually works quite well. Of course, a trundle/day bed is much cuter!

    P.S. Chef Daddy put his foot down a long time ago! No kids are allowed in our bed, except our furry family member at the foot of our bed, unless he is traveling! HA HA!

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for Your Lovely Comments. I enjoy every single one of them! <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...