Thursday, March 10, 2011

(Crazy Simple) Monogrammed Art


So, I found these adhesive monogrammed letters 
on Clearance at Joann's last week...

Of course I bought up all the P's  ;)
They came in several different colors, 
I can't wait to use them around my house!

(note: I found these in the back of the store where the custom order drapery fabric is ocated...local peeps, on the back wall next to the window hardware & restrooms)

I'm helping with a baby shower on Saturday &
thought I would make something to use on the table
that could also be taken home & used by the little mama.

Here's a  little tutorial on how to make

CRAZY SIMPLE...

Monogrammed Art!
(click on the pictures to see them enlarged)



Here's all that you will need:




Frame, paper or fabric backing & your letter.
You could EASILY use a vinyl letter for this, 
but I LOVE this stitched looking letter!




Simply trace your frame insert onto the paper. 




Cut it out.  I used a straight edge paper cutter...love this thing!




Then apply your letter.




Put it back into the frame...




and you're ready to go!




Ridiculously easy, no?

I can't wait to make a few things for my house using these!

I had someone ask if I did these with silhouettes of my kids yet,
I haven't but I have seen a few bloggers do it...my blogging buddy, Angel made some recently...they turned out SO good!!




I also wanted to say thank you (or pank you, as E would say) for your sweet comments the other day.  I just felt like I needed to share that with you guys. I have local friends who read my blog & I think most everyone I know understands about it...but I STILL have people who I am friendly with CALL ME on my cell & I just look at it like "don't they know??"...
Anyway.
Y'all are sweet. :)

AND, I have a new blog to share...
this is Amber, she is one of my sister's gym buddies.

This Mommy Cooks, her blog ROCKS!!
Go check her out!






Hope you have a great Thursday!

10 comments:

  1. Seriously, that is sooo cute and easy too! I must try it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these Mandy! I am going to head to Joann's this weekend. I would love one of these for my other photo wall. Plus I love that it is fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great project -- so adorable! Will be heading to Joann's this weekend too!

    Janet

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much for the silhouette link...I will get this done soon! Also ♥ the monogram project. :)You need to host a craft party...count me in!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Woohoo...I like this. Will have to try to make one for myself or maybe even my friends and family.

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE IT, Mandy! I just commented on someone else's post that I need to go back to Joann's so I'll be looking for these this trip. That looks really good!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mandy, I bought a couple of these a few weeks back - a G for me, an M for hubby, and put them on our lampshades on the nightstands. Super cute and I paid about $5 for mine as Joann hadn't put them on clearance yet...I saw them the other day, and am kicking myself for not buying a C or two!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for the shout out! Your blog is so cute! I wish I was as crafty as you! Who is your sister?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Saw your awesome tute over at Finding Fabulous and I'd love it if you'd link up at my new Tuesday Time Out link party!

    http://reasonstoskipthehousework.blogspot.com/2011/03/tuesday-time-out-link-up-party.html

    Smiles,
    Melanie
    http://reasonstoskipthehousework.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great idea! I may try that too. And thank for the link love. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for Your Lovely Comments. I enjoy every single one of them! <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...