Monday, July 18, 2011

Brassy Lamp Makeover!


My mother lives in a constant state of 
"cleaning out"...
it seems like every time I go over there lately 
she is loading me down with some goods...
some are really good, 
some are um, not as good. ;)

I'm starting to think that she gives them to me
because she wants to see what I will make with them.

A couple of weeks ago she sent me home with these brass lamps.

I hate brass.
Blah,
Yuck!




I've seen a lot of bloggers paint lamps, 
so I decided to give it a shot myself
the alternative to taking these lamps to Goodwill on the sly...




I used my favorite Rustoleum Painter's Touch,
this time I used Gloss Navajo White.

I have got to clean my camera/lens,
there is something in there because I've seen that same black spot on several pictures that I have taken lately. This is my old canon rebel, I'm actually lucky that it still works the way I have worn that thing out over the past few years!

and got that one moved inside with a shade that I had in the closet




(I think it would look better with a different shade, 
 I'll be looking).

But...for now, I'm tickled with it.

Now,
I wonder if my mother will notice what I did to her lamp. ;)

I also found a little coffee table for our playroom.
The kids have gotten to where they like to play cards & games gathered around our little coffee table in the living room.
I'm always on a quest to keep their STUFF upstairs!!

Here's a little before shot.



She looks a bit different now.
Be back to share (after I get the new hardware on).

Happy Monday!

1 comment:

  1. Great job! Good to know that brass is easy to spray paint! My mother is always giving me things too, and sometimes they may accidently go to Goodwill! Oops!

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for Your Lovely Comments. I enjoy every single one of them! <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...