Monday, July 25, 2011

Happy Red Table

Finally got time to sit down & blog...
these kids, whew!

It is ridiculously hot here, 
today it's 95, but feels like 110...
Sneaky E is wearing me out to go play outside...
it's just too hot to be outside, child!
Wear me down!

Today was Big O's first day of football practice...
so, he's upstairs resting.

& today was Miss O's first day of basketball camp...
so, she's upstairs resting.

Clearly, I should have signed E up for something this week too...
so, he'd be upstairs resting. ;)
But, my baby starts school next week...
so, he needs to be home driving his mommy nuts...

I wanted to pop back in here to share that little table I got.

I never have any luck finding furniture 
at our local community help center, 
but here recently I found this cute little coffee table!



This was a day I was dropping things off there
& had all three kids with me.
As I was pulling out, I spotted it in the window & 
had to go inside to see it was any good!

This, of course was horrifying for Big O...
as apparently he is too cool to shop in there...

tisk, tisk...silly boy.

Well, got it home...




Cleaned it, then
Broke out the sander...

smoothed it out good,

then, put on some Colonial Red...




The top had a couple of places that were water damaged,
so after these pictures I took the BIG sander out & completely
sanded the top...
it had such a neat design, I almost decided to stain it again...
but then I was wiping sweat drops out of my eyes &
decided I just really wanted to be done &
back in my AC house! ha!

I decided since there was no real drawer, 
that I didn't need any hardware.
So, I just filled the holes up with nail filler...
sanded it smooth & 
painted it again.

Now, it's a Happy Red Table in our 
Happy Little Playroom
Great spot for dirty feet,
a game of checkers & 
keeping up with the remote control!

(Sorry, had to run snap a pic with my phone...
but it does make the mess of the room look better.) ;)





All for about $15...yeah!!

So, what are you up to this week?

I'm starting to make my list of projects for when school starts back.
But right now, Sneaky E wants to watch Scooby Doo...
so I'm going to snuggle on the couch for a bit.

Happy Monday!

1 comment:

  1. STILL trying to finish up the kitchen. Was easy the first week when Clint was off work and the younger two were at camp. I do see a light at the end of the tunnel. Hoping it is not a train coming right for me!

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for Your Lovely Comments. I enjoy every single one of them! <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...