Thursday, July 28, 2011

Thoughts on Thursday...

I kinda like this...

just thoughts...
on Thursday. ;)




1.  Summer is winding down. I'm glad for football practice & basketball camp this week to get my little darlings up out of the bed earlier & wanting to get back IN THAT BED at night a little earlier too.  It sure has been nice having peeps ASLEEP at 8:30 again!  

Whew, mama has missed her quiet time!


2.  I finished a GREAT book last night...
The Help by Kathryn Stockett.




It's coming out as a movie soon & I'm anxious to see it! 
It's probably one of the best books I've read in a LONG time!
I bought it on my nook reader, but I'm already planning to get a paper copy.
It's GOOD!

Go get a copy & enjoy...you can thank me later. ;)

3.  I picked up a NEW book to read yesterday...



I'm secretly hoping that Big O will want to read it.  I'm not a big Gator fan (sorry) & I'm definitely not a pro football fan (bunch of greedy, whiney babies), but I'm for sure a fan of a young man who puts his faith first and sets such a positive example for young people. I'll keep you posted on this one.

4.  A friend recommended to me this site: Plugged In Online.  They share lots of reviews on movies, games, music, etc.  If your middle schooler wants to watch a PG-13 movie & you're not sure about it, check there...you will find out everything you want to know, right down to the number of potty mouth words that are in there! Great site! Thanks, Michele!

5.  Feathers.
Miss O broke me down. I took her to get some in her hair.
She's happy, but I miss my $30.

6.  It's really hot here. Woof!

7.  I'm hoping that my pal, Sharae will blog about her new baby nursery.  I got to see it in person last month. Let's just say, I wish she would adopt me! ;)

8.  I'm running out of thoughts here...I guess I'd better wrap this up. ;)

9. I had a reader share her Moss letter on my facebook page.
Great job, Monica!



Here's the tutorial if you want to make one too.

and 10.  My blogging friend, Amber over at This Mommy Cooks is giving away a FREE e-cookbook on her site this week...do hop over & grab yours. The link is only good for the first 200 people.

I'm hopping up here & going to do some laundry (fun)
& get some dinner started.

Happy Thursday!

1 comment:

  1. If you have an iphone (i guess others too?) Plugged In has an app also. Love that site because I like having all the information and being able to make my own informed decision. It has also clued me in a couple of times on upfront conversations that we needed to have before we saw a movie.

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for Your Lovely Comments. I enjoy every single one of them! <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...