Sunday, July 3, 2011

The Twenty Year Blink


Well, it's come & gone...

my big 20 year high school reunion!

Out of 305 graduating seniors in the class of 1991
only 80 of us showed up to celebrate the big milestone.




 I must admit, 
high school was a miserable experience for me...

I was pretty much this girl...




the first time I saw this Drew Barrymore movie,
I laughed until I cried...
it was like someone made a movie about my life!! 


I love her summary after heading back to high school undercover:

...high school hasn't changed. There's still that one teacher who marches to her own drummer. Those girls are still there, the ones that, even as you grow up, will remain the most beautiful girls you have ever seen close up. The smart kids, who everyone else knew as 'the brains,' but I just knew them as my soul mates, my teachers, my friends. And there's still that one guy with his mysterious confidence who seems so perfect in every way. The guy you get up and go to school for in the morning. ... High school would not have been the same without him. I would not be the same without him. I lived a lifetime of regret after my first high school experience.


I guess some of us take a big longer to grow into ourselves...

the best part about high school for me was one Friday afternoon in April this very sweet (gorgeous, hunk) guy friend
casually asked me to go bowling with him...

 and the evening ended like this



& it changed my world forever! :)

So, this summer some of us are celebrating 
20 years out of high school...




but, I'm celebrating 20 years being in love with my best friend!

Happy weekend! :)

4 comments:

  1. Sweetest post! I am loving catching up on your life by reading your blog. Funny, I don't remember you the way you remember yourself. I remember a pretty, sweet girl... kind of like you are now. Congratulations on 20 years!
    Tiffany (Reich) Bevis

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like you had loads of fun at your class reunion! Great pictures!

    I didn't love high school either but always have a great time at my reunions! The 20th was the best -- no one gives two shits about anything after 20 years! HA HA!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That last pic of you and your hubby is terrific!! I hated high school so I doubt I will be heading to the 20 yr. Looks like you had tons of fun though!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW...you are gorgeous! CONGRATS!

    Also...just checking in on the blod world...OH MY the twin beds and the BEDDING! Be still my heart...I wish they still had that...my girls would DIE!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for Your Lovely Comments. I enjoy every single one of them! <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...