Saturday, May 12, 2012

The Foyer Make-Over

Bunches & bunches of BUSY around here!

I bet you thought I would never come back to update my blog...I can assure you I was starting to feel like I was never going to get to myself!

I have oodles of rambling to share, but I will do that in a separate post (don't say I didn't warn you, it's a month's worth of crazy)!  Today I wanted to share the MAJOR project that has been going on at our house for the past month.

Our dark & dreary foyer got a make over!! 

I am so, so happy with it...
I find myself smiling ever time I walk by!


 

I had a board full of inspiration from Pinterest...
Divine goodness like this one:


and this...



Here is our foyer before...

dark...

looked over...

come in & hurry through...




and now...

light...

can't seem to stop looking...

come on in & linger...




ahhhhh....

I'm in love...

my whole family
(ok, just me & Daddy P)
are in love!




just simple trim details & 
a coat of Benjamin Moore Berber White...
(& perhaps having the sconces turned in the right direction finally)

Perfection!















Here's a shot up the stairs where we had the short wall removed & replaced it with iron railing...it really opens up the upstairs foyer & brightens up the foyer downstairs too!


My favorite part is our new front door...

it hasn't been stained yet, 




but it changes the look of our house, 
inside & out! 

(& yes, we have a lamp out...it's on the honey do list)



Our painter was so fast...
I seized the opportunity to get my DINING ROOM repainted too...

goodbye RED...




hello, Alexandria Beige (Benjamin Moore)





(crazy different, I feel like we are in different house!!!)

So...there ya go...

it's been kinda busy here! ;)

I've been a slightly stressed...





but, it's done & 
I'm so tickled to have my house put back together!

I would like to say thank you to Brad Chessor of Bradley Homes for all of his hard work (especially since I know he is busy building his new house right now).  We are so, so pleased...thank you for making us fall in love with our home all over again!

And because the fun never ends out here...

Next up...

this eye sore is going under the knife!



Amen & amen! 
(& amen!!!)

I'll keep you posted on that one.



I will be back to share a quick little crafty tutorial with you...

super cute & SUPER EASY Moss Frames






Well, I'm popping up & heading off to Sneaky E's last (can I get one last AMEN here), last Saturday baseball game of the season...it has been so fun, but how I have missed my Saturdays!!!




Then we're heading to Grandma's 
for birthday fest for sweet Prince William, 
the stinker is two...I blinked!!




And then enjoying Mother's Day time 
with my sissy & mommy this evening...




I do hope all my sweet mommy friends have a very 

HAPPY Mother's Day Weekend!

Sharing this entry over on Kelly's Korner Blog,
go check out all the fab foyer!

11 comments:

  1. Oh my word, this is amaaaazing. I WANT your new front door on my house, wow!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE it Mandy!!!! Looks so very bright and just such a pretty change all over. I cannot wait to see your tutorial as I am loving that moss frame. Happy Mother's Day

    ReplyDelete
  3. So beautiful and bright!!! Love it all!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW!!!! What wonderful transformations!!! I can imagine the chaos---but well worth it! Blessings, Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow!!! Stunning -- that is so beautiful! Love it!!

    Happy Mother's Day -- enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Holy cow! I am ready to move right in! That turned out sooo cute! Where did you find that fabulous front door?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Mandy! Stopping by from Kelly's. Wow, what a transformation! It's beautiful, great job. Blessings, Dani

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm stopping by for a visit from Kelly's Korner today.
    You have a wonderful entryway. The new paint color truly does brighten up the space. And I love the molding. Everything looks like lovely.
    I really enjoyed my visit to your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the new foyer look. I would love to come in and linger...

    As you can tell, I'm slowly catching up on my SUYL reading :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love it all! I especially love the dining room. Do you mind sharing the trim color in the dining room? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for Your Lovely Comments. I enjoy every single one of them! <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...