Sunday, June 24, 2012

Wild Dunes & Charleston...

Warning: LOTS of pictures ahead!
 
Back earlier this crazy month...

(ha)

we went to the beach for a week of 
MUCH needed R&R!

We've stayed at Wild Dunes before, 
but this was the first time to enjoy the beach at that resort.

We love the emerald coast & the panhandle of FL, 
but the east coast beaches are in my blood...
I would move in a minute if Daddy P said the word!!

The first couple of days it was cloudy,
rained a bit...





but still hot & great weather for exploring & digging...

and napping...




(which was great, because mama needed a nap BAD
Can you say HAG BAG there, whew!?!


While we were resting up, 

Big O was back in TN doing this...






I won't lie...
I was pretty jealous!

They sent a performance evaluation in the mail this past week...

I had to read it three times to comprehend that this child measured as SIX FOOT, ONE HALF INCH TALL...gracious, I knew he was too big for his britches...but I didn't realize he was that big!! ;)


************************************

After the rain cleared a bit, 

we had a good day in downtown Charleston,
my favorite!

I could wander around those streets for days & never be bored!

I decided not to haul my big camera,
all these pics are done with Instagram. 











I love that my peeps feel the same way...
we walked for blocks without a single a whine or complaint...

they were full of questions & 
constant to point out beautiful things they had spotted.





Miss O found her favorite house (pink, naturally).





So, of course Sneaky E had to pick out a favorite too...





I most enjoyed the bricks, I adore old bricks...

the Spanish Moss, 

the cobble stone streets, 

the joggling boards spotted in the gardens,

the color bursting WINDOW BOXES

& the divine Confederate Jasmine...










Of course we also had to do some goofing off while we were downtown...



 We had tons of fun & for June the weather was breezy & FABULOUS!

but...
 Unfortunately, E had an upset on the way back to the car...
bless it!


He had a good time all the same. ;)


 
 One evening that week we
 enjoyed watching the dolphins play
in Shem Creek while we had dinner.

Every time we eat there we see a few!



My sister picked up Big O from his camp mid-week
and brought him and her boys down to the beach to vacation with us.

And mama was happy to have her big baby at the beach, 
it's not a family vacation without all three of my little punks! 

Thank you, Aunt Kim!! Mwah!!







We loved having some play time with 
sweet William & Joseph!






It was a fun,
very relaxing
family trip! 









((But, there is not place like home))

((there is also no place like my own bed, whew)) 

&
Speaking of relaxing,
I'm heading out to the pool to finish this book.
I love Karen White &
this one has me hooked!

I hope you guys have a beautiful Sunday!

1 comment:

Thank You for Your Lovely Comments. I enjoy every single one of them! <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...