Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Marvelous Mason Jar Make-Over

Marvelous Mason Jar Make-Over

I have seen variations of these pretty mason jar vases all over blogland...

some are painted inside, 
some are painted outside...

they are pretty, pretty, pretty
(and cheaply, my fave).



I had quite a few on hand here, 
so I decided to try a little trio myself.

I doubt there is any right or wrong way to do them.
This is how they played out for me...

I ordered a few pint paint samples from Benjamin Moore
(free shipping if you order four).
I was dying to try out that "Color of the year" Wythe Blue (it's ok).
I also ordered a sample of the beautiful Sea Glass,(divine)

Which is what I used on my vases (and my little striped table awhile back).


For the first one I poured about a 1/4 of a measuring cup of paint into the jar,




and covered the top with clear plastic wrap.
  
Then I just gently turned the jar until all of the inside was covered with paint.




You will have to turn it upside down a bit 
to get the edges of the jar mouth covered.




I did have to wipe the outside off a bit with a paper towel when I removed the plastic...that's about as messy as it got. Once it was covered on the inside like I wanted it, I poured the extra paint into the next jar.  Did the process again on all three, then poured the extra paint (just a dribble by the end) back into the paint can.







It took about 3 full days for these to completely dry on the inside and I waited another two weeks before I used them for flowers.


They're simple & pretty
& were just way too easy to make!









Hope you guys have wonderful day!



Linking up with...

Savvy Southern Style
Liz Marie
Tatertots & Jello
Kelly's Korner

8 comments:

  1. love that you have me and dougie on the mantel....we were cute....l0 months apart..poor grannie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this, so pretty, your mantle is lovely, I can see you have good taste!!
    (Also you can paint them on the outside, it gives a different look to them.
    hugs
    -gina

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well how cool! I would've never thought to do that! Very pretty!
    (Over from Kelly's Korner)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful mantle and I love the Mason jars. Just lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  5. SO pretty!!! What a great tutorial :-)!! Fun project for the summer!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ahhh, I just love simple projects that are pretty. Thanks for sharing your project. The hydrangeas are a perfect choice.
    ~ Christie

    ReplyDelete
  7. So BEAUTIFUL and what a statement!! I canNOT wait to attempt this!! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  8. what type of flowers did you use?

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for Your Lovely Comments. I enjoy every single one of them! <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...