Thursday, August 30, 2012

Weekend at Watercolor...



This past weekend Daddy P & I 
flew down to Destin for a little grown up weekend.

**warning...ridiculously long rambling vacation summary ahead**

 


I am scared to death to fly,
so this quick flight from Nashville to Panama City airport 
is just perfect for me!

We got so lucky to get in & out before the nasty weather started rolling in. Saturday & Sunday it was just gorgeous & not too hot!

We stayed at our favorite spot, Watercolor Resort.

If you have never been, do make a point to cruise down that way the next time you find yourself on 30A...it's gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous!

They have a fabulous hotel, condos & homes for rent on the resort. It's a great place for families, but also has restricted areas around the hotel that are quiet & "adult only"...very nice!

Here's a peek in our super relaxing room at the Inn...



(see that package on the bed...fresh baked cookies, every night!!)


 


On our very first morning...

You know you need a vacation from kids seriously when you sleep until 10 AM for the first time since becoming a parent...

We were in the twilight zone after that...I NEVER sleep that late!

We decided to just skip breakfast & go ahead with lunch,
so off we went next door to Seaside to eat at our FAVORITE Seaside spot, The Great Southern....yummmmmmy!!





Daddy P had the seaside sampler, I had the grouper sandwich with fried green tomatoes...ah, yes...vacation food!! ;)


Then we hit some of our favorite shops while we were over there...

grabbed beach reads at Sundog...




got a few kiddie treats in Duckies Fun Shop, my punks love this place!




and picked up a couple of awesome finds & gifts in Mercantile (love, love, love that shop)...


 


I brought home this tank, I covet...it's awesome! ;)


 


After a full belly, new books & a little shopping, we did this for the rest of the day...




I don't drink very much anyway,
and seldom do I EVER drink in front of my kids...

(I had RARE a glass of wine at home a couple of weeks ago while Daddy P was out of town & Miss O actually got on to me about it like I needed a 12 step program...good grief)


I may or may not have had a few of these while we were there...
I will never tell. ;)


 


That night we were off to dinner & decided to try a new spot...
we decided to ride up 30A to check out the Local Catch.

Let's just say this...
we found a new FAVORITE, MUST VISIT spot to add to our list!

The food was AWESOME & so fresh!!
That is one thing I LOVE about the restaurants down on 30A, most of them support local farmers & the food is out of this world delicious!


 


Daddy P had the fish tacos & I had the coconut shrimp tacos...
omgosh, it was SOOOO good!!

While we were waiting for our food, 
I texted this silly picture of Daddy P to my sister...(perhaps it was the pina coladas talking...ha)


the next thing I know we are passing silly pics for the rest of the evening...(because she was also out to dinner somewhere in TN)


 

so, of course Daddy P could not be out done...


 

they're too funny!

Meanwhile, this is going on back in TN...
think the little darlings missed us?
Yeah, I doubt it too. ;)




We got up the next morning early & headed down to the Fish Out of Water (the hotel restaurant) for breakfast...because they serve a slamming good breakfast AND we can eat out on the balcony overlooking the ocean...

((never mind that we also had reservations to eat there at sunset that night)).

It was goooood, best oatmeal ever! ;)


 


Next we spent a few hours riding bikes around the resort...
this is something we have never done...
it was SO FUN & relaxing!

 

 

We rode around taking pictures of houses we like (because we're planning to have our back porch enclosed soon & need to figure out how we want it done...visuals are good).

Then we wore out the beach again...
it was a gorgeous day!

 


We finished out our little vacation with a sunset dinner...

 

and a few more silly texts...

 



these two crack me up!





Ah...
it sure was a great weekend,
but there's no place like home!


*************************************

Got to hop up...
busy as usual here!

I'll be back to tell you about my new sponsors tomorrow,
they are all so awesome (& the best part is I KNOW THEM & can vouch for their awesomeness!!).

I will leave you with this one...

just who does this boy think he is!?!?!...




Big O, you are growing up way TOOOOO fast for yo mama!!!! :(
OH, that little stinker!

What am I going to do with him!!

Have a great Thursday, crafty friends!

3 comments:

  1. What can I say? Dr. P is my brother by another mother!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my word! It looks like you guys had loads of fun! Beach vacations are the best!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow -- what a great getaway!! You and your hubs are so adorable!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for Your Lovely Comments. I enjoy every single one of them! <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...