Thursday, November 15, 2012

E's Big Boy Room Updated

I'm sharing this oldie, but a goodie over on Dixie Delights today.
It sure is fun decorating for the little guy! 
Be sure and visit all the awesome BOY MADNESS on her blog this week!




No Minimalist Here





I'm sure I've mentioned our issues with 
Sneaky E not sleeping in his bedroom.

I am pleased to report,
after a few months of updates...
our big baby boy
is finally sleeping in his big boy bedroom.
(whew!)

Here's a before shot...
 the little cowboy nursery...
sigh...



Then it became  
the little cowboy big boy room.




And for a little while it was
Big Bed Little Cowboy Bedroom....




And now it is
the "I'm too big for that little cowboy stuff, mom"
true big boy room. :)




We were happy to pass our cowboy goodness
to E's partner, cousin William.
Got to love a little cowboy! 

I had originally planned to paint this room,
but after getting in there...
I realized how much I still LOVE 
this gorgeous denim paint...
after touching up some spots,
I think we're good in there for a few more years.

I'm tickled to have his room spiffed up,
the only thing left to do in there 
is have the hardwood put down!

I'm over the moon
in love with this beautiful painting 
that I found on Etsy...
it looks just like our sweet Lab, Blue!




This Pottery Barn Kids book rack
 has been awesome for us!
Right there in the middle, 
E's most favorite book right now...

Why he loves it so, I cannot say.
But I know that both of us 
can recite the entire thing from memory...
start to finish...
I can think of a few other things 
I would rather be able to remember...




 A man has got to have his space.

This is E's "little office"...
Money, trophies,the holy word... 

Don't.Mess.With.Anything!





My sweet neighbor, Linlee 
monogrammed these shams for me...
they turned out PERFECT

Poor Linlee,
I wear her out with my constant monogramming!!





Now, something I have a hard time with is...
LESS!

When I first began updating,
I realized that
there was just WAY TOO MUCH 
stuff on the walls & in this room!

I think it's genetic.

Anyway,
these next three pictures 
are so bland & barren.
So clean & neat!! 







Let there be LIGHT!
Sweet P Daddy changed out the 
cheap contractor boob light 
with this awesome pendant.
I am so happy with it!







And here's the debatable spot.

Sneaky E is asking Santa for a flat screen...
 he has pals who have TV's in their room...
He NEEDS ONE
he says!

I love that the only entertainment in here 
is from books & imagination.

The jury is still out.

What are your thoughts? 

& I still love this red dresser,
just sayin'. :)



Pretty happy with it, yep. :)





Here's the shopping rundown:
(most things we already had)

Wall Color - Flame Blue by Porter Paints
Plaid Quilt/Shams Bedding - Pottery Barn Kids
Denim Bedding - Dillards (had this for years)
Star Sheeting - (Tommy Hilfiger) Macy's
E pillow - Serena & Lily
 Navy Star Stitched Pillows - Target (old)
Lab Canvas Painting - Etsy
Sleigh Bed - Big Lots (yes, really)
Red Dresser - Craigslist
Red Shelf & Toy box - Land of Nod
Red Book Rack - Pottery Barn Kids
Pendant Light (& table lamp) - Lowes
Name Placemat - La Plates 
Star Baskets & bins - Homegoods
Red Window Shades - Company Kids (very old)


Sharing today over on 
Savvy Southern Style.

Thanks for stopping by to visit!
Happy Thursday, friends!

8 comments:

  1. Looks great -- what a wonderful room!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love his big boy room!! I just did Max's this summer... Have to tell you I'm having the same problem with the TV issue- the girls are really wanting one in their room and I'm SO with you on having only books, etc in there. Hub and I are still on the fence about it..... let me know what y'all decide on that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that room / don't ever change the paint! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. His room looks great! I am ready to give my kids rooms some updates..after the construction dust settles! BOTH of them want TV's in their rooms, but I am not going to allow it. I know they would be up all night watching whatever horrible shows come on Cartoon Network at night;) We are adding on a playroom, so that's where they can watch all the TV that they want.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love all of it!! I had to laugh though as I still have a certain 3.5 year old who sleeps with me!!! My husband works nights so admittedly the drive to get him out is not really there but at the same time he's getting too big!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute room. Love the fun colors and cute bedding. I say no to the t.v. They say adults shouldn't even have on in the bedroom and we don't.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my word, his 'little office' is so precious! And 'boob light'....HA! I'll never look at them the same again!

    ReplyDelete
  8. super cute! love that bedding and the little "e" square pillow.

    no T.V. in the bedroom at our house. In fact with this move, while we are in an apartment, trying to decide about our next housing step, we only have one T.V. Carly would love one but I think that 1) we would never see her again, 2) she already tends to veg out too much if given the opportunity, and 3) I can not imagine unmonitored TV surfing/watching in this day and time!

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for Your Lovely Comments. I enjoy every single one of them! <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...