Friday, January 25, 2013

Bunk Room Reveal

This morning I spent OVER an hour 
working on a blog post to share the bunk room...
never noticed anything weird about blogger.

Finished up... 
got ready to publish &
then blogger just threw my post away.

I'm mad at you, blogger!
Blah!

SO...
let's see if I can recall any of my brilliant wit
from earlier this morning.
(sarcasm, the alternative to a tantrum)


Our playroom was a fun place...
but it was a spot for little peeps
(& six years later, my peeps are not so little). :(






We had our playroom repainted last spring 
while Brad was working his magic on our foyer.  

It was then that we 
(& when I say we, I mean me) ;)
decided it was time for a little update.

 I got busy pinning ideas 
& ran across this awesome picture...
Eureka!! 




P Daddy thought it would be fantastic,
the kids thought it would be fantastic,
Rad Brad thought it would be fantastic...

this project had the green light! 

It was fun watching this one take form.

Two Bunk Nooks with 
trundle bed drawers...
all of the sudden
 the playroom sleeps four...
this has SLUMBER PARTY written all over it!




I wanted to get out of the box in here decorating
& do away with all the RED.

I moved a few things to Sneaky E's room
& the rest I used to decorate the upstairs hall.
(because it was a blah, boring place)




Something else I wanted to achieve in here,
clean & calm...

the look of MORE...
by using LESS!

Sounds easy.
Unless you were raised by a graduate of 
pack rat university...
(love her all the same).

I'm pretty tickled with how it turned out.

Here's a little tour...
(wazoo of pictures, sorry)










 






Pretty big change!

Before...



After...



Here's a rundown of things in there...

Paint:

Before, Porter Paints - Buckwheat
After, Benjamin Moore - Shaker Beige
(the trim is Antique Lace from BM)

Bedding:

Ivory fleece sheets & fuzzy pillows, Homegoods

Floor:

(trailblazer & sherpa)
Coffee table, Craigslist 
(this used to be downstairs in our living room)

Bunk lighting:

Restoration Hardware, Harbor Sconce

Wiener dog art, Etsy

Plaid curtains, made by me
Fabric from Joann's

If I'm leaving anything out,
let me know.

Thanks so much for letting me share.
Thank you especially to Brad Chessor of Bradley Homes...

Happy Weekend!






6 comments:

  1. Wowza!! That is fabulous - love it!! How about a Mom blogger sleepover?? Jodee and I are on our way!! :)


    janet

    ReplyDelete
  2. O-M-W!! what is NOT to luv here!?!?! i'm ssssoooo going to be a copycat and figure out somewhere to do this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love it!!! Great space for your kids. bet they love it there!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my word! I want to move in! Seriously, that turned out soooo cute and it does scream slumber party! You are such an amazing decorator! Enjoy your new space!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like the perfect kid hangout. Found you on savvy southern style

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for Your Lovely Comments. I enjoy every single one of them! <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...