Monday, January 14, 2013

Monday, Motivation & Mascara...

Good Monday Morning!

Are you super busy today?

My list is crazy long,
but I am going to get it done
(and & get a shower too)! 

All I need is a little motivation...

because I already had coffee

 cute!

now...



Yesterday Miss O had SOFTBALL practice.
Basketball ended last week,
so of course we must jump out of one 
circus ring, right into another!

Yesterday was also the start of
BASEBALL SEASON...

Big O's 8th Grade Year!
 We are fired up & so EXCITED!

This morning I registered Sneaky E for 
Pee Wee 6 Baseball...

Nice knowing y'all...
I'll be back in June. ;)

I love the busy spring season, 
really & truly 
because it makes summer get here 
a lot quicker!!


*********************************

Ah.... 
I have missed blogging & 
have so many random things to tell you.

I'll have to come back & 
do a random on Tuesday post later.

Today I want to share my mascara marathon.

For the past few months 
I have been using a few different brands.

Not because they're paying me to...
not because it was free (it wasn't)...

I was just needing new mascara 
& didn't want to order any online 
at Sephora like I normally do...
just me being lazy.

Lazy ended up costing me more money, 
I might add. :(

That's why I wanted to share my finds.

I had a coupon for each of these that I've tried,
so that was my decisive measure to purchase
& all of these were purchased at Publix.

First I bought 

L'Oreal Voluminous Million Lashes Waterproof Mascara


Regular $8.95 
I had a $1.50 off coupon.

This one is my fave of all the 
ones I tried.

I bought this & didn't realize it was 
WATERPROOF.
I must have had kids with me...
Generally I never use waterproof
because it is so hard to get off.

This mascara made my lashes SO FULL 
& was super easy to remove!
I keep some in my gym bag now.
The only thing I didn't like about it is that
it just did not last very long.
After about three weeks of use,
application was starting to be eh & dry.

Next I picked up 

Maybelline Volum' Express The Falsies 

WP Spoon Brush Waterproof Mascara

$7.99
but I had a coupon for $0.50 off.

I LOVE this one too!
But again...
WATERPROOF!
Ding dong, nobody's home...

The little brush made it easy to apply
& made my lashes look so long!

It was not hard to remove,
but after about three weeks...
again...eh & drying out.

So then I picked up 



Regular $7.99
but I had a $1.00 off coupon.

This one has a great full brush,
but it applies really heavy
and then it appeared dry during the day...
kind of flaking off.
It was not my fave.

SO, I picked up some of this...

(How much have I spent in two months on mascara?? Woof!)

L'Oreal Voluminous Original Volume Building Mascara


 Regular $8.49, 
but was on sale that day.

I LOVE the way this one goes on...
it's fantastic!
Long, full lashes...
perfect brush,
not to heavy when applied...

it looks awesome for a couple of hours
& then it just DISAPPEARS! 

I don't know about you,
but I get ready &
pretty much never look in the mirror again for the rest of the day.
I cannot keep reapplying mascara, sorry.

SOOOOOO....

I broke down & ordered my regular mascara 
from Sephora (because at this point I was out of my regular lip stick too & was NOT ABOUT to start that sampling mess again).

 My Go To Mascara,
Buxom Lash Mascara

Regular $19.00

I've been wearing this one 
for about five - six years.
It goes on perfect for me & lasts all day.
It's more expensive,
but a tube usually lasts me 4-5 months solid.

Mwah, mwah, mwah.
Love! ;)

So, there ya go.
Cheaper is not always better.
Live & learn.

I'm hopping up,
I'm trying to clean out my laundry room.
My dryer is making a moaning noise &
my washer keeps dancing all over the room.

I foresee repair men
or delivery men 
in the near future.
Might as well make it less embarrassing.  ;)

Hope y'all have a great Monday!!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You for Your Lovely Comments. I enjoy every single one of them! <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...