Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Peanut Butter Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies

When I was a little girl,
our neighbor across the road
used to let me come over to help her bake.

(notice I said *road*, we lived in the country...it's road out there)

Her name was Mary Jane Poston,
she was a big woman with a HUGE heart.
She always made me feel special & loved. 

One of my FAVORITES that she made was the incredible,

Peanut Butter Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies!

Oh, my word...
I can still taste them now,
still warm, gooey...yummmmmm!




When P Daddy & I first got married & moved away,
I wrote to her and told her I would love to have 
some of her recipes to share with my kids. 

She sent me several of her favorites & MY favorite too.
I LOVE that I have a handwritten copy.
Things like that are very special to me.

I saw someone sharing this recipe on facebook
& I because of my emotional attachment to this cookie,
I needed to share. ;)


(Sidebar: suddenly facebook is Pinterest...people, check your sharing status by logging on to Pinterest, go to SETTINGS, scroll down to "social networks", click NO on


Here's the recipe...
I apologize in advance for the sugar coma you will have.

Chocolate Oatmeal No Bake Cookies 

~~1/2 C Butter
2 C Sugar
1/2 C Milk
4 Tbsp Cocoa
1/2 C Peanut Butter
3- 3 1/2 C Quick cooking Oats
2 tsp. Vanilla
Add the first 4 ingredients in a saucepan. Bring to a rolling boil, and boil for 1 minute. Stir in the next 3 ingredients and drop onto wax/foil paper. Let cool until set.

 Hope you're Tuesday is warm & gooey!
(or just warm, I'd settle for that)
Mwah!


2 comments:

  1. Mary Jane loved her Mandy, spoiled you rotten!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was telling my husband about Mary Jane's oatmeal cookies. He grew up near you and remembers going to her house too! He remembers her dog who would try to close the car door when you tried to leave her house. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for Your Lovely Comments. I enjoy every single one of them! <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...