Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Recycled Kids Art Easel...

Good morning, lovies!

I'm blogging,
yep!

It's too cold to paint today,
so I'm multi tasking...
laundry,
ironing,
sorting clothes in closets,
flirting with putting away Halloween decorations. 

I wanted to pop in real quick &
show you a little project that I completed.

All three of my little darlings 
loved & used this wooden easel.

It was chalkboard on one side,
dry erase on the other.





I think I got my $30 out of it over the past 12 years.
And you can clearly see, 
it has been loved!

Well, no one has used it in a long time.
It was crying in the corner, 
bless it!

So, I took her out the garage & 
sanded off the stain on that funky blonde wood.

(sorry, no pictures of the process) 

I didn't get all the stain off & in the pictures below you can see how it's a mixture of raw wood & chipped up looking funky stain.

I like funky sometimes. ;)

I used a mixture of steel wool & vinegar 
and painted it on to the wood. 
Then I painted both boards with black chalkboard paint.

And over the past few months...
she has gotten a lot of attention

I'm pretty tickled with it!

I can write on it with regular chalk
or use my white chalk art ink pen (my fave).







Easy, peasy...
you could totally do this! ;)

Do you LOVE chalk art?
I have a board on pinterest,
I love to collect pictures & 
then use them to design my own. 

Just sketch it out on the chalkboard with a pencil,
then erase it gently when your done.
Easy crafting. 

*****

Well, I've got to get back on my laundry...
plus, this cat is driving me nuts crawling up my back...



Ha!

I hope you guys are staying warm
& having a wonderful November!

I'll be back soon to tell you about these guys:




Happy Wednesday, friends!

3 comments:

  1. So cute! I wish I would of saved my ikea easal! Do your chalk markers wipe completely off?? Mine seem to leave some behind. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jamie, sometimes I have to use the Mr Clean Magic Eraser (bear down easy) to remove the chalk pen but usually it will wipe right off with water or windex.

      Delete
  2. Noticed your easel when you posted h'ween pictures. Super cute idea. a

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for Your Lovely Comments. I enjoy every single one of them! <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...