Thursday, December 19, 2013

Simple Lasagna...

I've never been a great cook, but there's one main dish that I can fix & people will come over JUST TO EAT it. I might have even taken it UNBAKED to a party as a hostess goodie...(beloved, yes).

Simple Lasagna!
((Recipe right off the noodle box, but no one ever believes me))

I made some last weekend for my daddy's birthday & thought it would be the perfect opportunity to share this recipe with you. It's easy & feeds a CROWD!




  • Ingredients:
  • Large Bag Mozzarella Cheese
  • One Box NO BOIL Lasagna Noodles (I like Ronzoni's)
  • 16oz Container Ricotta Cheese
  • 1/2 Cup Parmesan Cheese (use your fave)
  • Two Eggs
  • Two Jars Pasta Sauce 
  • One pound Beef
  • One Pound Sausage
  • Salt
  • Pepper
  • Garlic

First thing, brown your beef & sausage together.



I use my Pampered Chef Mix & Chop for this. If you don't have one, stop right now & put it on your Christmas list! I LOVE mine & use it all the time!

While your meat is cooking, combine your ricotta cheese, Parmesan cheese & eggs.
 

I don't save plastic containers usually, so my ricotta container makes a great spot to put trash while I'm cooking (makes me feel productive).




I found these AWESOME foil pans at Sam's Club last year. You can buy them at your local grocery store, one for $2.50 maybe. I got THIRTY for $3.99 at Sam's & I USE THEM ALL THE TIME!

This recipe makes TWO regular size lasagnas OR one heaping, bursting (some people like it thick) 9x13 lasagna. I like to make two...one for my family & one to either freeze or give to a neighbor that I love (mwah). ;)



First you need to SPRAY your pan with cooking spray, then apply a very thin layer of spaghetti sauce on the bottom. You need a lot of sauce for these no boil noodles, plus it just makes a better dish with more sauce (in my opinion).

Toward the end of cooking my meat, I add approximately 2-3 cloves of garlic, a teaspoon of salt & a teaspoon (or more) of fresh ground pepper. I'm pretty generous with my pepper, it really gives that sausage some kick.




I use a lot of the Pioneer Woman recipes & she is a huge fan of GARLIC. I buy this big daddy at Sam's Club & I USE it!

Once your meat is cooked, you are ready to LAYER!




Layering is quick & easy if you let your meat cool for a few minutes, then combine your mixed cheeses with your meat.

First you do a layer of no boil noodles.

Then add a layer of meat/egg & cheeses.
 
Then add a layer of spaghetti sauce (this will use up the remainder of the first jar).

Then add a nice layer of mozzarella cheese (not pictured above, I'm a horrible multi-tasker).

AND, repeat layering.

When you're done cover with aluminum foil & bake for one hour at 350 degrees.


Serve with bread & a nice big salad.

There ya go, simple isn't it? 

It feeds 8-10 people & is absolutely wonderful, you won't be disappointed. :)



I'm up with the rooster this morning, going to try to get some gifts wrapped before my day takes off.

We've had a major development in the Sneaky E Dyslexia Saga, I'll be updating his adventures soon. Thank you all for praying for this child, we have felt them and appreciate them so much

I will be back to share my Christmas Open House (finally) and a fun way to organize your Christmas cards (oh, how I love Christmas cards).

Happy Thursday, Friends!
Mwah!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You for Your Lovely Comments. I enjoy every single one of them! <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...