Wednesday, February 5, 2014

On my nightstand...The House Girl by Tara Conklin

I just finished this one and wanted to share...



It was a buffet of interesting things: the old south, law, uncovering secrets, history, faith, art...

Here's the summary:

Lina Sparrow is an ambitious young lawyer working on a historic class-action suit seeking reparations for the descendants of American slaves. Josephine is a seventeen-year-old house slave who tends to the mistress of a Virginia tobacco farm—an aspiring artist named Lu Anne Bell. Alternating between antebellum Virginia and modern-day New York, The House Girl is a searing tale of art, history, love, and secrets that intertwines the stories of two remarkable women.



It was interesting, heart wrenching & exciting! I really enjoyed it & devoured this story in a couple of days. 

Recently, I also finished Return to Tradd Street by Karen White.

You definitely do not want to read this without reading the other books in the series first. Karen White does such a great job weaving a mystery from the past in present time, I always enjoy her treasure hunt style writing (mixed with a dash of the supernatural, everything is more exciting when ghosts are involved). Also, the Melanie Middleton & Jack story line continues to be one of my faves. He reminds me so much of P Daddy, especially how he drives her crazy with his casual, never stressed about anything, giving her hard time & teasing. She is serious & such a stubborn, hard headed woman...I (sadly) can identify with her! Ha!




What's on your nightstand, I need a new book suggestion. :)

Happy Wednesday, book nerds!
Mwah!


Mandy



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You for Your Lovely Comments. I enjoy every single one of them! <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...