Thursday, April 24, 2014

Dear Sharae...

I've been thinking about you a lot in the past few days.
Blogging a letter seems much cheaper & 
less embarassing than therapy.

I know you loved reading blogs, 
I like to think you still read mine from heaven. :)

One day last month, 
(while I was looking for something else entirely...)
I found some pictures of us on my computer.
I KNEW I had them and had feverishly looked for them many times already.

Then the week of my birthday, they popped up.
I like to think you sent them to me...
as a happy gift...
because you knew how turning 41 would piss me off. ;)



Four months have passed since you left this earth.
I don't think a day has passed that I haven't thought of you, your kids, your mom, your precious sister...I have picked up the phone to text you (I have actually texted a few times like a phycho). I pray for your babies constantly.



Some days I am very sad, mostly my heart aches for your four children who have all had a birthday this year without you. I constantly find things that I would love to share with you, a coupon, some gorgeous fabric or wallpaper, an inspiring verse...just little, simple everyday things that I miss sharing with you so much.



Some days I am very angry, mostly at myself for whining and having a pity party about missing you & your friendship when you children, your parents & siblings all have to wake up in the morning and remember that this nightmare is real. That makes me feel ashamed.



I accidentally watched a movie recently (as in, if I had known it would leave my heart feeling raw I would have never watched it in the first place), I think it is called The Lovely Bones (it has Mark Wahlburg, reow). The story is about a middle school girl who is abducted & murdered. They never show her being murdered, but there is a scene in the movie that shows the young girl when she realizes that she was killed...

I thought I would never stop crying.

I want you to know how absolutley heart burstingly PROUD that I am of your sister. She has selflessly put aside everything in her life and is being a mother to your kids (just like you would have done for hers). She is so much like you, I just want to reach through the screen and hug her neck every time she shares a picture on facebook or instagram. She is, in one single word...amazing & I know you are beaming down smiling on her every single day.

I should stop here...
before it gets sad...
because, you know...
I'm a sappy wuss.


I just wanted you to know that I miss you.

And I will continue to pray...
everyday.

I love you, friend.
Talk to you soon. 


Mandy


1 comment:

  1. I pray that your heart is healed. It is okay that you want your friend back and that you miss her.I have prayed for her babies and her family.

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for Your Lovely Comments. I enjoy every single one of them! <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...