Saturday, August 2, 2014

Men...that I LOVE!

I was just (standing there folding clothes)
thinking the other day...

there are a few men that I just love,
I mean...absolutely ADORE 
(for various & specific reasons)
with all my heart!

When I gave it some thought...
what a void!
My life wouldn't be the same without them in it. 

I decided right then,
I needed to break from reality for a minute
& blog about them. :)

Of course my number one man would always be
Jesus...
then my sweet daddy &
precious P Daddy,
but these men on my list deserve a little recognition too.

Some sing, some act,
some write, some paint &
some are not even real people at all.

Welcome to my top ten...
a list of pop culture
(real & fictional) men,
that I just love! ;)

Let's start the countdown...

10. Paul McCartney (& The Beatles)

His music is an instant time portal in my mind...
it was playing my entire childhood!
My parents had a chance to meet him & his wife Linda when they lived in Lebanon one summer (this first picture is Paul with my Uncle Doug & wife, Libby).

We saw him in concert about four years ago...it was an experience of a lifetime!
I do love me some Sir Paul.





9. Elvis Presley

My Granny was the biggest Elvis fan.

We're talking a huge fan!




I feel an instant connection with her anytime his face or music crosses my path.
I've tried hard to keep his musical memory alive for my children to have that same connection with her too. 
My grandfather was not a huge fan of his (probably because my granny loved him so much) & I always loved his animated dislike anytime his name was mentioned. ;)



8. Fictional Character "Han Solo"



I do love Harrison Ford as well, but his work as Han Solo is my favorite...
his sarcasm & modest heroism will always have a place in my heart.

(besides) How many times in my childhood did this fall out of my mouth?

Laugh it up, fuzzball!
--HAN SOLO, Star Wars Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back
 

7. Clark Gable

I can't explain it & have it make any sense.

I love Clark Gable as Rhett Butler.
In my mind, he IS Rhett...it's just that simple.
I love Gone With the Wind, I love Rhett, the end. ;)




But he also reminds me of my grandfather, who passed away when I was 14.
I was the biggest Poppa's Girl, I loved him so much...I still tear up when a smell or a song stirs a memory of him. Clark Gable in The Misfits took my breath away & I love to watch that one and think of my sweet poppa with his sweet slicked back hair.






6. Morgan Freeman, actor 
Oh, my goodness...
he's awesome!
He's just awesome!
We don't have time for me to list all the things I love about this man.
Awesome will serve. ;) 



5. Chevy Chase
I have the truest love for Chevy Chase mainly because the characters he has played remind me so much of my daddy. Having someone make me laugh is one of my most favorite things. He has made me laugh for as long as I can remember and is a true beloved person in my world. 




4. John Candy
Try to imagine life without John Candy movies...
I'll wait...
...

......


Yeah, that's what I thought.
You just can't.
He was a hilariously, giant teddy bear.
I still get a lump in my throat when I think of his passing so young.
He was definitely someone I would have wanted to meet in real life.



3. Steve Martin
I think I fell completely head over heels in love with Steve Martin during his 3 mintue cameo in the original Muppet Movie.

This man has had me laugh with tears...over & over again.
The characters he plays are so much like my own hilarious daddy...

I could sit here all evening trying to decide which movie of his is my favorite...I honestly cannot decide!




2. Andy Griffith
How I love this man...
I grew up watching The Andy Griffith show &
I have the greatest appreciation for having such a wonderful, respected male character as a role model.
When he appeared in that Brad Paisley video I cried like a baby, he was just so precious!
  

and my 1. Ronald Reagan
Could any man in history be more beloved? 
He was precious!
In addition to being my favorite president, he was in the White House during the period of my childhood when my grandfather passed away. He's another beloved male with slicked back hair that I will always respect and adore. 

I will forever be grateful that he was the leader of our country, what a wonderful man he was!


 

Honorable mention:

(because, I could go on & on & on....haha)

Atticus Finch, To Kill a Mockingbird...gentlemen, take note...that's a real man right there!
Mike Myers as Wayne, as Cat in the Hat, as Austin Powers...hilarious
Kermit the Frog, I still tear up singing The Rainbow Connection
Spencer Tracy, his movies...I cannot pick a fave
Jimmy Stewart...he is just beloved!!!
Garth Brooks, read my rambling real life encounter with him here
JR Ewing, I refuse to apologize...I loved that evil man! ;)
Horatio Craine, CSI Miami...shamelessly adored
Claude Monet...my favorite artist, his work rocks my soul
Peyton Manning, a true class act in a sea of often poor quality individuals
Robin Williams, he made me laugh since Mork
Gilligan, the Skipper, the Professor & Mr Howell, you know you loved them too
The Rock, Dwayne Johnson...he's hilarious, especially in Disney movies
Harry Connick Jr, his music...his pride of being southern, swoon
and lastly,
 
Jake Ryan...yes, even if he doesn't know I exist. ;) 
Notice I am not listing heart throbs here...
here's my one & only heart throb,
going on 20 somthing years (holy mercy)



Love that sweet man!
 

Who are your favorites?
I would really love to know.
Please leave a comment here or comment over on my facebook page.
I'd like to put together a list of my READER favorites...
that would be fun! 
I'm headed to the garage, it's cooling down
& I'm going to get some painting done.

Happy weekend, dear friends!

Mwah,

Mandy





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You for Your Lovely Comments. I enjoy every single one of them! <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...