Tuesday, November 18, 2014

How To Tuesday...Christmas Card Crafts

Yay, so great to see you!!

Welcome to
Crafty Southern Mama's
How To Tuesday!

Today I'm revisiting a couple of old blog entries to show you how to get creative with those wonderful Christmas cards that you are going to find when you go peeking in your mailbox next month.



Christmas cards are seriously one of my FAVORITE things about the holidays, I LOVE to get cards, I LOVE to see pictures of our little friends and see how much they have grown! 


First let me tell you about the Christmas Card Tree.

I made one of these about three years ago.
(way back before our foyer remodel) 


This photo below shows how it has evolved...
I've slapped a little color on it...
added a little moss & garnish
(& have a much brighter front door).

This is early in the season...
displaying the early bird cards (beloved). ;)

 
I now have that baby on a lazy susan, turning & admiring from every angle...



Last year, I found these super cute clothes pin clips in the $1 bin (somewhere, maybe Target?).



I just pulled off the twine
(& probably used that for something else, I adore twine...).
And those cuties clipped my cards to the branches perfectly.

((plaid + moose + beloved little friends on cards = happy mama))






Here's the original post on how to make one (it's seriously SOOOO easy).

How To Make a Christmas Card Tree

Now, after the Christmas season is over & your Christmas card tree is put away until next year. You have a stack of beloved little blessings, pictures & cards...I know you don't want to thrown them away!!

For a long time I kept cards from previous years in a Christmas tin & we would get them out and enjoy them again the next year when we (& when I say we, I mean me) decorated...

And then one year the tin would not close. Ha!

So, I got on pinterest & found this really cute idea...



Christmas Card Blessing Rings.

I wish I could find the original pin because that blogger had such a sweet post about it.
This picture above came from her blog, do any of you guys recognize?
I would love to find her blog again!

These are so very simple to put together.
Last year I had my kids make the ring with the previous year's cards
& they loved that I trusted them with those beloved cards & pictures like that!

((Despite the fact that))
Evan said he was not speaking to me today
(for making him sleep in his own room last night)
((do you promise?))
((I'm joking...))
((maybe))...
I'm sure he will forget after school,
because I will make him some hot chocolate &
put kisses all over his dimpled cheeks...
ahem. ;)

I'm going to have him do a ring with last year's cards when he gets home.
He's got mad skills with the hole puncher...

Here's a shot of our little china cabinet,
holding some blessing rings on the knobs.
So festive! 





Here's the link to the original tutorial:

How To Make Christmas Card Blessing Rings

If you decide to make either of these, I would LOVE to see them!
Please share your creations from How To Tuesday over on the Crafty Southern Mama Facebook page
I would just be so tickled if you did! :)

Thank you so much for stopping in to visit today.
I hope you are able to use these tutorials at home.

Please give me a holler if you have any questions,
I am happy to help and I would love to hear from you.

There's a LOT going on this week on the blog...
some Dressing Mama (remember, no mama left behind),
a sponsor spotlight,
a serious before & after....oh, my goodness I can't wait to share that!!!

And on Friday...
it's time once again for Crafty Southern Mama's FAVORITE THINGS giveaway...
remember the last one?



I seriously love to share my favorite things with my favorite blogging friends!

One box full of goodness for one winner...
that's coming up on Friday!

Yay!!!

Gotta get busy here, friends!

I'm so glad you stopped by!
Have a fabulous How To Tuesday!

Mwah!

Mandy

2 comments:

  1. I love your blog!!!! I am always so excited to see what fun things you're crafting up!! I love the china cabinet!! I wish I found your blog while I was still living in Nashville, your home is so beautiful!!! When I read your blog I'm inspired! Thanks for sharing with us!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How sweet! Thank you, Ester! I just peeked at your blog, you are SO inspiring!! I will bookmark & visit again. Have a great day! ♥

      Delete

Thank You for Your Lovely Comments. I enjoy every single one of them! <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...