Thursday, November 13, 2014

On My Nightstand...Ruth's Journey, Mammy from Gone With the Wind

I finished reading this wonderful book last week.




Ruth's Journey,
The story of Mammy
from Margaret Mitchell's Gone With the Wind
by Donald McCaig.

I enjoyed it so, so much!

I am not sure if it really was a GREAT book or if I just loved it so much because I was so engrossed in the characters. Like if you have a dream about someone that you love who as passed away...you could be wading through a pool of piranhas and not even notice it because you are clinging, CLINGING to every detail about that person you love & miss so much.

(it was not quite the same thing, but just similar)
((I'm crazy about Gone With the Wind, but not that crazy))
((ok, I am that crazy...shush))

I cannot elaborate on details without giving away or spoiling the story for you, but I will say that this book did not exactly collaborate with the sequel to Gone With the Wind, Alexandria Ripley's Scarlett. This was a tad annoying, but after reading on & considering it; the way Donald McCaig told it made so much more sense.

If you enjoyed Gone With the Wind the book, movie, the Scarlett book, etc. I think you will really enjoy this story. When you finish, go ahead & try Rhett Butler's People, also by Donald McCaig. That one is a true favorite of mine that I will probably read again one day soon.

I have a couple of new books uploaded onto my Nook...
I can't wait to get after them later this week.

What's on your nightstand this month?

I do love a good book!

I'm working on getting Sneaky E to bed,
the little rat has been awful about sleeping in our bedroom floor lately.
I'm afraid I have spoiled this one so rotten...
Olivia says he will be like Will Ferrell in the movie Stepbrothers,
still living at home & sleeping at the foot of our bed when he's 25!

That is hilarious,
except for the part where it's so not...
8 1/2 years old is way too old to not sleep in your own room.

Any advice on getting a giant mama's boy to sleep upstairs?

I'm sitting here blogging on the laptop...
and he's finally fallen asleep.

I'm making my move...
heading downstairs to start my new book.

Shhhhhh....

Mandy







No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You for Your Lovely Comments. I enjoy every single one of them! <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...