Tuesday, December 2, 2014

How To Tuesday...Make a Dollie {Christmas Gift}

Good Morning!
Welcome to Crafty Southern Mama's How To Tuesday!
It is DECEMBER the 2nd,
have you bought all your gifts yet?

If not, you're in luck!
Today I'm sharing a sweet dollie sewing tutorial that will make any little lady on your shopping list squeal with delight!

If you have any sewing experience at all, you can make one of these.

If I can make one, ANYBODY can make one!

Several years ago (back when I actually had time to sew),
I ran up on this awesome tutorial from 70 Piggies Blogspot on  
HOW TO MAKE A SOFTIE DOLL

 


At the time my Miss Olivia was all about being a mama to her little dollies, so I was VERY EXCITED to make her one of these cuties!

((This one below is from 70 Piggies))
I die...is she not the sweetest little thing!?!



Olivia's turned out so darn adorable,
I couldn't wait to make another one!!
(you know I'm crazy, don't act surprised)

I really, REALLY love a handmade gift...
So, I decided to make one for each of my nieces and my nephew for Christmas that year.

((Yes, I'm that crazy aunt who gives handmade gifts...ahem))



They were all little then, so I think they actually liked them.

I know I liked them!

Those three made me smile every time I looked at them!
(& I saved quite a bit of money using scraps of fabric I already had to make them.)




I'll give you a moment to savor...



their complete,
bewitching,
adorableness...


It should be a crime,
to be that cute!


I was THRILLED when I realized this morning that I have TWO little people on my shopping list who would LOVE their own custom made dollie!!

Since I am getting ready to make them, I thought this would be a great time to re-share this tutorial with my crafty blogging friends!

Here is a sample picture of the pieces (photo from Nicole's blog). 


These dolls are really SIMPLE to make if you follow her step by step photo instructions.

(I am a visual learner, so tutorials like these are my ONLY HOPE!!!) 

The only thing I can add to her tutorial is the pink cheek pattern, I just trace the top of a bottled water lid to make that part (as it is not included in the pattern pieces).


Gifts that come from the heart are always the best. ♥

Run on over to 70 Piggies to print out the pattern and get started on your dollie right now!!

Click HERE for the full tutorial.

Thank you, Nicole Owens for sharing this awesome dollie tutorial way back in 2008!! ♥

& Thank you, crafty blogging friends for visiting today!!

I've got to get busy sewing...
I hope everyone has a beautiful Tuesday!

Mwah!

Mandy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You for Your Lovely Comments. I enjoy every single one of them! <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...