Saturday, December 27, 2014

On My Nightstand...Janette Oke, Love Comes Softly Series

I have been enjoying the holidays with a new book series.

I didn't mean to start this one,
my mother bought the series for Olivia for Christmas...
& then I noticed that I had the first book already uploaded in my NOOK.
So, I decided to read through it to see if Olivia would like it...
now I'm hooked!!

Janette Oke, the Love Comes Softly series.
There are eight books in all.
They're not super long books (like the Savannah series).
You will love these characters so much, you will just fly right through them.





I have seen the Hallmark movie, Love Comes Softly & it's a favorite of mine (& Olivia's).




If you enjoyed that movie, you're going to have a hard time believing me when I say the book is better! ;)

Here's the summary from Goodreads:


Marty and Clem set out for the pioneer West full of hopes and dreams. They would stake a claim of their own on the new frontier, and build a home for themselves and their family.

But just after they'd arrived and Clem had chosen the perfect setting for their new home, an accident took his life...leaving Marty alone and pregnant. Then, on the day of his funeral, Clark Davis came along...and asked Marty to marry him!

Marty was infuriated -- but with no money, no shelter, and a baby on the way, what choice did she have? Besides, Clark said he only wanted her to be a mama to his baby girl, Missie. If Marty was still unhappy come spring, he would pay for her ticket back East.

Determined not to be a burden to Clark, and intending only to earn her keep. Marty threw herself into her new role of "Mama." But she had never been anyone's mama before, and she didn't even know how to keep a house! If only she could do right by this lonely man and his daughter just long enough to earn her train fare back home...

Now, Marty must learn wholeness and love through patience and faith.


I love how the main character, Marty has no previous knowledge of God or the Bible; but slowly learns from Clark who is a true spiritual leader in the home (as the husband should be). My heart was bursting with happiness for her when she comes to KNOW God and starts to live her life by truly allowing God to use her for His good. It is a wonderful story, I love to get to know a character who helps me grow spiritually. 

If you enjoyed the Laura Ingalls Wilder Little House books as a kid, you will LOVE this series as a grown up.



What's on your nightstand this month?
I need a New Year's reading list! ;)

Happy Reading, Friends! 

Mwah!

Mandy





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You for Your Lovely Comments. I enjoy every single one of them! <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...