Friday, March 6, 2015

Confessions of a {Closet Retro} Housewife...

I don't know if I have ever told you,
but I am a closet retro housewife.
 
My daddy's parents were trapped in the 50's.

Even when I was a child in the late 70's & 80's,
their house was like an episode of Leave it to Beaver.

I never even realized how much I love that time period until Marty McFly altered the course of history by pushing his father out of the way & gets hit by his grandfather's car...


I was smitten!

I adore the 50's,
I cannot lie! ;)


A couple of years ago we ate at this awesome little diner in the Disney's Hollywood Studios park called the 50's Prime Time Cafe.

It was a hoot!
I felt like I was a kid
& had walked into my grandparent's house. 

This is the lobby & bar area...


And this is the dining room...



The food was WONDERFUL &

as always at Disney,
the waitresses were TRUE to their character...

the 50's,
no nonsense,
take it or leave it,
you better clean that plate,
retro housewife.

(also known as, my hero)  ♥



I loved every minute of it! ;)

I ran up on this folder of pictures last week,
this was apparently before Pinterest because I have no reason to collect pictures like this & store them on my computer now.

It was a folder of Snarky Retro Housewife pictures.

They make me laugh,
so I thought I would share them with you guys.


Here are a few of my faves...




















(one of my personal faves)








and probably the most accurate one from my life...



Haha!
It's all good fun!

But in seriousness...
someone share this one with P Daddy. ;)



Have a fabulous Friday, friends!!

Mwah,

Mandy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You for Your Lovely Comments. I enjoy every single one of them! <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...