Saturday, October 10, 2015

A Few Things on Friday...Fall Break Nibbles

Hey, there friends!

It seems like I've fallen right off the blog wagon! 

I'm so sorry for the lack of posts lately, life has been completely crazy these past few weeks (as they are EVERY year during the first nine weeks of school). 

I'm enjoying a few delicious, breezy minutes out on the porch before my crazy Friday afternoon & feeding the football team starts up (I can't think of anywhere I'd rather be, I love those guys). Here are a few nibbles from my house on this glorious, fall break Friday:

Fall...

{Despite the completely, unnecessary amount of pumpkin spice,} fall is my favorite season of the year!

I might be the only person alive who feels this way, but pumpkin spice is not my favorite. Gasp! I know...

I don't love pumpkin spice, but now Starbucks Toasted Graham!? I've got a little time for that. Yum-me!



This fall, I cannot remember ever having so many days that the weather is absolutely PERFECT! It's been so pretty here, I can hardly concentrate! 


It's still very warm & everything still green, but lower humidity & incredibly blue skies...ahhh, mucho happiness!❤️

Crazytowne...

I've not done a lot of blogging in the past few weeks because I've been here...


And here...



And everywhere I go, I've always got this rat in tow...


Ah...
These are the days, my friends. 
It's busy, but it's the best job in the world!

How I love my crazy bunch! ❤️

Speaking of my crazy bunch...

Last month I went in Big O's room to put some clothes away & noticed this really terrible smell...

(Just when you think you've seen everything) 

Up on his dresser was a red solo cup full of GROSS, nasty water...the sad, unsanitary home of this little guy...

Little Flipper. 


Well, being the responsible pet owner that I (apparently) am...Little Flipper came downstairs & got in some fresh water, got a bite to eat...

To my surprise, he didn't die...

Not only did he not die...he was doing really well. 

Until...

A few weeks passed...

And one day I came around the corner & saw this:


To my absolute horror!

Owen had left the bread, chips & Bologna out on the counter!!

Ha...that is also known as "a normal occurrence at my house".

There on the counter sweet, innocent  Little Flipper was getting friendly with Reba (that's Olivia's cat, Little Reba McEntire). 

Despite my (strong) advice to Reba that she stay OFF my kitchen counters...a couple more weeks passed & their friendship continued to blossom...


Sigh...

After this incident I decided it might be best to find a new home for Little Flipper. 

So, yesterday he made his way up the mountain to live with my nephews (who are pretty good little flippers themselves)...


He's already using the iPad & mastering Minecraft... 
Yeah,
I think they're going to get along just fine! ❤️

Well, I've got to dash out. 

I'll be back this week to share a super, fun birthday party story...

Have you ever even!!! ❤️❤️❤️


And, I'll be sharing my Halloween House!
It's seriously spooky!! 
Ack!


And later in the week I'll give y'all a play by play on The Big Pantry Pullout 2015, brought to you by my friends at Purdy & Dutch Boy (& of course, Rad Brad of Bradley Homes)...



& I know that's not much of a sneak peek...

but I don't want to spoil the surprise because if I made a top ten list, I think this project would be one of the highlights of my life! Ha! 😂

Thanks for stopping by to visit, friends! Have an awesome weekend!

Mwah,

Mandy
 

1 comment:

Thank You for Your Lovely Comments. I enjoy every single one of them! <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...