Sunday, October 18, 2015

On My Nightstand...The Luckiest Girl Alive

I have read a LOT of books over the last six months...mixing it up with all different genres!

Crazy thrillers are not my normal read, but every now & then I enjoy them. This past summer I told you guys about The Girl on the Train (which was very good & will be made into a movie next year), a friend who also enjoyed that one suggested I try The Luckiest Girl Alive by Jessica Knoll. 

This one was definitely a crazy good story!



Here's what Goodreads has to say about it:

HER PERFECT LIFE
IS A PERFECT LIE.


As a teenager at the prestigious Bradley School, Ani FaNelli endured a shocking, public humiliation that left her desperate to reinvent herself. Now, with a glamorous job, expensive wardrobe, and handsome blue blood fiancé, she’s this close to living the perfect life she’s worked so hard to achieve.

But Ani has a secret.

There’s something else buried in her past that still haunts her, something private and painful that threatens to bubble to the surface and destroy everything.

With a singular voice and twists you won’t see coming, Luckiest Girl Alive explores the unbearable pressure that so many women feel to “have it all” and introduces a heroine whose sharp edges and cutthroat ambition have been protecting a scandalous truth, and a heart that's bigger than it first appears. 

 

Since we did a LOT of this last week on fall break:



I gobbled this book right up! 

I would definitely consider this book "mature", a bit raunchy and somewhat dark...& actually, the first few chapters had me thinking I could never love or identify with the main character & I almost put it away! 

But after you find out her secret...oh, my goodness! Who wouldn't be off their rocker after that! 

If you enjoy a crazy thriller like Gone Girl or The Girl on the Train, you will probably enjoy this one too. 

And right now, my nightstand is EMPTY!

What's on your reading list this fall? 
I would love to hear!
Please leave a comment or share your reads over on the Crafty Southern Mama Facebook page

Thanks for stopping by to visit today, I love to hang out with my fellow book nerds on the blog! ❤️

Have a fabulous day, friends! 

Mwah,

Mandy 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You for Your Lovely Comments. I enjoy every single one of them! <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...