Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Our Halloween House 2015

Hey, there friends!

Welcome to Halloween House Day!

I don't think I have ever really decorated my house for Halloween other than using a few pumpkins & some pictures of my kids in costumes. 

But...this year, I've let Olivia talk me into having a little costume party for her & her friends. Since we didn't really do anything big for her birthday this summer (& the fact that we allowed Owen to have a party like this in 8th grade)...I gave in & decided to let her.

In all honestly, I just really needed an excuse to get my house cleaned up! ;)

Since it's a Halloween themed party, I decided to drag out all my stuff...

THREE full boxes of Halloween stuff I didn't even know I had!!

Certainly this is not some professional decorating job, but it sure has been fun to see this festive stuff all over the downstairs this month. 

I took some pictures (using my camera, not my phone...I miss my camera) the other day when my house was {somewhat}clean.

Here's a peek at our {slightly} spooky Halloween House,
come on in!



Right inside on my foyer table I used the GIANT plastic pumpkin that I found at Target, it's perfect there!

On party night I'm going to put some DRY ICE inside to have our guests greeted by a creepy fog right inside the door (because, you know...it's the little things). ;)




Keeping it simple in the foyer are my favorite whimsical Halloween decorations, two of them given to me by my Granny (& one I found at Homegoods a few years ago). I have no idea who makes these, but I am always on the lookout for Halloween pieces to match them!



Have you seen any of these, I would to find some more!



The banister is completely overtaken by sparkling spiders, EEEEKKK!
(also from Target)




In the main living room I've cleaned out my china cabinet & filled it up with Halloween treasure...picture after picture of my babies in costumes and a few little ceramic ghosts painted by my Granny! This is my favorite, most favorite part of the whole thing!



I found a few pillows to add to our decorations this year. These black pumpkin pillows came from Target. The tablecloth & skull came from Homegoods (a few years ago). The little vintage spook pillows came from Joss & Main.





I've got two empty picture frames on my coffee table & I plan to fill them with pictures of my NEPHEWS...cough, cough...I need pictures, Kim. ;)



I'm pretty sure these sassy pumpkin pillows are laughing about all the junk on the stairs....tripping over size 13's, that's the story of my life!



I found this cute Halloween banner on Joss & Main this year, it's metal & is perfect on our mantle! The black trees came out of the dollar bin at Target & the stars, I think came from Homegoods 100 years ago.



One thing that is new this year
(& I've decided this will be it's ONLY year I use it because it is truly terrifying)...





The Michael Mires window cling that I found on Etsy!

Ho.Lee.Crap...




It was hilarious when I put it up, but over the past month that creepy thing has even scared me!!!

I've been minding my own business out in the backyard & the next thing I know I THINK I saw the curtain moving!!! (oh, my gosh....hold me)




Things in the kitchen are much less scary...






Especially if I keep that curtain closed...ugh!!!




These guys are much cuter...
I think I'll stick with them next year & leave the scary stuff to somebody who can handle it!! Ha!





Well, that's all I've got.

Nothing fancy at ALL, but still lots of fun for my kids (ok, it's really the most fun for me).

Thanks for stopping by to visit!

I hope you are having a NOT SO SPOOKY Halloween House day!

Mwah,

Mandy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You for Your Lovely Comments. I enjoy every single one of them! <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...