Friday, June 16, 2017

{Easy} Zucchini Nut Muffin Recipe


Happy Friday, friends!

Olivia had a couple of friends over last night for a sleepover and this morning I whipped up a batch of my easy zucchini nut muffins for breakfast. They are SO good & I get asked for the recipe all the time, so I thought I would share it here on the blog with you guys.



This one is not anything fancy.
Last summer, I googled to find a zucchini bread recipe when our CSA box contained more zucchini than my kids would eat at dinner.

Since then, I've tweaked it QUITE A BIT to cut the sugar down & try to make it more healthy. I add just a NIBBLE of diced chocolate chips to them (to distract little people from the heaping three cups of shredded zucchini), my kids will GOBBLE these up every time I make them!!


Easy Zucchini nut Muffin Recipe

Prep time:
  • Prep | 20 m
  • Cook | 20 m
  • Ready in | 40 m
  • Freezer Friendly
Ingredients:
  • 3 cups flour
  • 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 3 teaspoons cinnamon
  • 1/2 cup chopped pecans
  • 1/4 cup diced chocolate chips
  • 3 eggs (beaten)
  • 1/2 cup sugar
  • 1/3 cup brown sugar
  • 1 cup oil
  • 2-3 cups shredded zucchini
Procedure:

Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Mix flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, pecans and chocolate chips in medium bowl. Set aside.

Beat eggs, add sugar, brown sugar, oil. Mix well. Add zucchini. Pour into flour mixture. Mix well to combine. Pour into prepared pans.

Bake 20 minutes or until toothpick inserted into muffin comes out clean. Cool in pans on wire rack 5 minutes. Remove from pans; cool completely.

Enjoy for breakfast or a snack, anytime! Freeze left over muffins for quick breakfast options, microwave 30 seconds from frozen.





This recipe makes two dozen muffins.
I use my square muffin pans, two pans fit side by side in the oven at the same time.

Normally, when they're done I set aside one pan to freeze. I just remove them from the pan, placing them in a flat layer in a ziplock bag. They make a great quick breakfast on a busy morning!

Do you have a favorite recipe to share?
I would LOVE to try some new stuff around here!
Please share your recipes here in the comments or over on my Facebook page.

I'm hopping up to get some things done before my nephews arrive to swim.
Little boy adventures all day long, friends!
I love it!!

Happy Father's Day weekend!

Mwah,
Mandy



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You for Your Lovely Comments. I enjoy every single one of them! <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...